Reflashing stock ecu?

250sx

now|dig|friendly
Jul 1, 2007
SFL
Is there anyone or company that can push the rev limiter back a little on the ECU [jzx90]?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
No one have been smart enough to crack toyotas ECU or add a socket for a directly swapable programable eprom with factory maps to simply have an adjustable version.

I wish.
There is hints out there on how to do such as the toyota scion TC there is a programmer out there that rewrites the eprom for TRD supercharger packages.

So if you were to tap a hyperterminal synced to the same baud rate of transfer you will see all the code and passwords exchanged between the ECU and writer.

but of course reverse engineering decrypting etc is its own thread.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
actually, TechTom in Japan cracked the toyota ecu's long ago.... however, they won't give you the info to help you do it...

There are 2 companies in north america using their gear to reprogram the stock ecu's, or there were a few years ago when I last looked into it... unfortunately, both are _way_ overpriced for what they offer (a 'one size fits all' tune with a higher rev and boost limit and no speed cut). I suspect that one of these mobs (Reg Reimer's company) has some idea of what they're doing, while the others are purely and simply doing what they've been told works..

Either way, for the price they charge, you're better off getting a Stinger and harness from Driftmotion, and either making use of the resources here on SM to acheive your goals, or paying someone to tune it for you....

Also... before anyone says 'but my mates got a nissan and it costs $200 for a biki-board with a tune' - thats because _everyone_ has a nissan, and nissan owners in general have no money, so the demand is there for the product, and when there's a lot of demand and a lot of people trying to do things on the cheap, guess what... they come up with some resourceful solutions...

the biki-board came about as a development from a board that was copied from a Techtom board and tuned using a bit of trial and error...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Technicaly tech tom did not crack the toyota eprom they bypassed it with a rom board but not with an individual eprom.

Mines, SARD, Tech Tom are ROM boards, someone have mentioned some phantom crap where there is no rom board and they hacked the toyota eprom directly.

I have not confirmed that some one please verify my data but for sure tech tom uses a rom board but not a replacment individual EPROM

The reason thats important is because once you crack the eprom its technology could and can be duplicated but ROM boards are propreitary