Red (LazyEye) Supra Build

getzke

Jul 14, 2010
Eagan, MN
I ended up being kind of clever. I used a 14 with one wobbly and an extension for the back of the transmission. On the engine side, I used another 14 with a wobbly and an extender to brace against the manifold. Worked like a charm.

Now I am just wondering how many bolts there are on the front of the transmission before I can release it. I found the four (2 on the bottom, both sides) but it doesn't seem to be separating. I took out the clutch fork as well. Are there six bolts on there or do I just need to get manly with the transmission and pull it off of there?

**EDIT**
Oops I got it with a bit of searching
link for my reference later (http://mk3supra.com/?p=49)

Last edited:

getzke

Jul 14, 2010
Eagan, MN
So good news. I finally got the transmission out of the car and I am not surprised by what I see. The old disc is in pretty bad shape.

IMG_20110528_131000.jpg

IMG_20110528_130802.jpg

IMG_20110528_130828.jpg

IMG_20110528_130920.jpg

"New" disc going in
IMG_20110528_131017.jpg

Hopefully I can find a way to get it back in!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Man, this is awesome to see all the progress so far. Let me know when you are draining/refilling your transmission fluid - I have some spare redline you can use.

getzke

Jul 14, 2010
Eagan, MN
So a whole bunch of stuff has happened and I have been super lazy about updating but here's the short of it. I got everything back together and the new clutch works awesome.

I bought Emilio's Stainless Highflow cat and got it hooked up to my brand new Tanabe exuast. Sounds heavenly.

Various other little things were done and Emilio and I replaced some seals on the turbo (which ended up leaking a ton more so I will have to take a peak).

But here is the reason for the post. I got curious and started looking for rust. Boy did I find some :cry:

Here's the pics, let me know what you guys think as far as getting them repaired or do I search for a new shell? (If anyone knows of a good shell let me know!)

Thanks!

Passenger Rear Wheel Well (front)
Passenger Rear Wheel Well (front).jpg

Drivers Rear Wheel Well (front)
Drivers Rear Wheel Well (front).jpg

Drivers Rear Wheel Well (back)
Drivers Rear Wheel Well (back).jpg

Last edited:

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
PERFECT! haha mine is exactly the same and I don't see it as being too big of a problem. I looked in the door vents that pop off too just to see it all inside there. I can't wait to see you fix it lol. Oh and don't stab yourself on the mesh wire that is inside of that sound deadener right there. I was thinking it would be an opportunity to tub the wheel wells a bit larger. But is that necessary being lowered on 18s or is it more for huge drag radials? If anyone has good pics of welding done in that area it would be cool.