recirculating a 57 trim

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
I hope this is in the right section...

Also, I have searched and searched on this subject.

My setup: DM 57trim, Lex/560's, supporting mods, hard pipes, greddy type rz BOV.

Problem: If i recirculate, it surges. I have a screw in fitting for the bov that gives me a 19mm nipple. This is run into a 90 degree coupler and into the hole in the accordion hose. No matter how loose I set the BOV it will always surge. It is almost like that small hole in the accordion just cannot flow enough air to fully release the pressure.

If I vent to the atmosphere, it works perfectly. Put on the recirc fitting and it surges.

I have gone through all the vacuum lines and made sure they weren't pinched or broken, tried different vacuum sources, disassembled the BOV and verified operation.

Before the 57 trim upgrade it worked perfectly recirculated. My next idea is to get one of the metal accordion pipes from ebay, enlarge the recirc hole and use a bigger fitting on the bov and a large hose to recirc.

Does anyone else have any ideas or thoughts? Im getting sick of venting to the atmo and the whistle is starting to get anoying.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
The 57trim flows more air at the same psi than the stock one did. The GReddy was able to handle the amount of air trying to recirculate from the stock turbo, but is not able to keep up with the higher amount from the upgraded turbo. Getting one of those metal pipes and enlarging the hole to the same size as the outlet of the BOV should help your problem.

Or finding a way to vent to atmosphere will also help

nacho8705

Nov 8, 2008
Spokane, WA
thanks for your response, that is what I will have to do. I dont want to vent to the atmosphere since i really like my lex/560 setup.