Recently acquired

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
a 1989 Supra turbo with a 2jzge-t(na-t) swap. Car runs and drives with the 7m electronics still. Is there anything i need to watch out for on this?

I was told the 2jzgte ecu could be installed with a map sensor , ignitor, ecu and harness repin. I looked (maybe not hard enough) and can't find the write up for that. I would like to ditch the 7m electronics.

Any info you guys can give me, i would appreciate it. Till then i will be reading every sticky and tech post i can. Thanks

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You cannot install the 2JZ-GTE ECU without doing a few things. You will need to change the oil pump to a GTE one or the later VVT-i oil pumps as those have the provision for the crank sensor, then modify the head for a cam sensor. It is not plug and play.

The 7M electronics is not that bad when you replace them with OEM parts. One thing I can recommend is running the IS300 coil packs. They are made to run off the 7M ignition system with a few changes and there is a write up on here how to do it. The CPS is the most troublesome part as the wires get old and brittle but you can add new wires to replace the old ones.

Take a look here, you will like it.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?152994-Version-3-2JZ-HX40-NA-T/page3

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
Car currently has coil packs now. It was already swapped out.

OK the individual i talked to may have been misinformed then. Thanks

Guess the 7m electronics will have to work for now.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
There's really nothing wrong with the setup, it's cheaper and less of a hassle in many ways :)

Converting to a true 2JZ-GTE setup would be quite expensive.

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
Yeah, no plans to convert to a true gte setup.

Goal is just to make 500rwhp on pump gas. Maybe more on methanol.

I know i need to order a better hg , lexus afm, 650cc, walbro255 or 400 and a afc. That should get it started.

Last edited: