rebuilt engine block

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a search and didnt find a match. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source to buy a rebuilt block for a 90 turbo. Ive found a few long blocks, but I already have a new head, just need the block. Any help would be appreciated.

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
not yet, really just started looking, figured this would be the best place to ask. I was kind of hoping for a business that would offer a warranty, if I can find one.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
e90suprat;1534417 said:
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a search and didnt find a match. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source to buy a rebuilt block for a 90 turbo. Ive found a few long blocks, but I already have a new head, just need the block. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're not looking to build it yourself, you may have to buy a complete used engine and just replace the head on the block with your head. I have seen complete 7m turbo engines on the tiger japanese website for around $1,100 with the harness and ecu. They aren't re-built but they are supposed to be verified low mileage and they do offer a warranty. If you want to re-coup some of your money, let me know about the second head. I would love to have one that I can build with oversize valves and an aggressive cam.

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com
Jeremy

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
boostcraver;1535323 said:
If you're not looking to build it yourself, you may have to buy a complete used engine and just replace the head on the block with your head. I have seen complete 7m turbo engines on the tiger japanese website for around $1,100 with the harness and ecu. They aren't re-built but they are supposed to be verified low mileage and they do offer a warranty. If you want to re-coup some of your money, let me know about the second head. I would love to have one that I can build with oversize valves and an aggressive cam.

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com
Jeremy

Bad idea, will need to extend harness or convert it to usdm specs to get running right. If there is nothing wrong with the one you have rebuild it. And the early jdm 7mgte's did not have oil squirters.

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
Thanks for the input guys, not sure which way im gonna go just yet, I'm actually not sure if it has rod knock yet, gonna get another opinion. It doesnt sound like the examples ive heard on youtube, but im not sure what else it could be, ill update when i find out.