rebuilding/modifying turbo shop?

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
it's been a long time since i've been on here (and sold the supra) but I have a question since there are alot of really knowledgeable guys on here with turbos.

I am in the process of converting my supercharged cobalt ss to a GT3071R turbo system. The turbo has about 10k miles on it and doesn't burn oil or have any play etc... Should I go ahead and get this thing rebuilt or just wait until something happens to it? Also are there any modifications that could be done to it that would make it spool up quicker? It maxes out somewhere over 26psi @ 400+whp on these cars and I would really rather not drop the AR to get a quicker spool and loose anymore off the top... but i would like to get a little quicker spool if at all possible.

Also for the rebuild/modifications(if possible) what is a good reputable shop to do this?

thanks in advance for any info :icon_bigg

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Pretty much with the ball bearing turbos, what you buy is what you get. If you want something "modified", go talk to Precision turbo or Comp Turbo. Both of them have their own ball bearing designs with custom wheels and housings.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
ok thanks for the info, hopefully the ported head will knock 200-300rpm off the spool time cause from what you say there's really nothing that can be done to the turbo itself.

thanks again