Rear deck vibrates.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I'm sure somebody else has had this problem. With louder exhaust, my rear deck lid , maybe from age, has started to vibrate and rattle. Is there an adjustment to pull it down a little tighter or something else I can do? :aigo: Thanks

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
You could check your rear deck struts, mine were making a rattle with my stereo because they were old/worn and weren't tight in the closed position. You could also try replacing the deck rubber stops that are on the sides towards the open end of the hatch on the actual body. Can't remember if there is any play in the mounting of the catch or the bar.

Brian

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Gargoyle said:
You could check your rear deck struts, mine were making a rattle with my stereo because they were old/worn and weren't tight in the closed position. You could also try replacing the deck rubber stops that are on the sides towards the open end of the hatch on the actual body. Can't remember if there is any play in the mounting of the catch or the bar.

Brian
Thanks Brian. I couldn't find an adjustment unless it's behind the rear cover were the catch is. The bumpers are probablly dealer. Stupid question right? I'll check to see if my struts are loose. Maybe I can find some stickie foam pads to put on the bumpers if nothing else works.

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I would imagine that the bumpers are a dealer item. They aren't that expensive though. Just remember to also order the 2 screws per side that attach them. You will most likely maul the ones that are on there now. Make sure to use the correct size phillips driver when trying to remove them. I had to use a Blue Point extractor set to get two of them out. They have loc-tite on them.

Brian

Last edited: