Really Confusing Issue!! Fuel Cut 3k RPM

red1ty1

Mar 24, 2015
Montreal
Hey Supra people! maybe someone can help me i hope.

So my car cuts the throttle / fuel past 3k rpm. So if i slowly slowly accelerate then the car can go through all the revs normally but if i give to much gas the car will like jump and do a kind of (accelerate / deccelerate / accelerate) all in the matter of a second and it will do this alot, and sometimes it will just completely CUT like im hitting a brick wall.

I tested the TPS and calibrated it. If i unplug the TPS and reset the ECU it will run really great and have no issues for maybe a minute or 2 then it will start again, ill plug the TPS and reset, itll run even better (better throttle response) and then it will have the same issue. WOT in 1st gear is a never it feels like im hitting a brick wall it almost hurts.

The car also runs really rich, it smells alot like gasoline (i dont have a catalytic converter tho). I have no error codes besides an 02 sensor detrioration code, i have ordered a new sensor and im waiting for it to come in. Could my 02 sensor be the issue?

I also unplugged the AFM, the car starts normal but i cant move it will just idle and die out.

Also, i bridged the fuel pump relay and i still got the same issue

POSSIBLE ISSUES:
Fuel Pump
Fuel relay / regulator
TPS
AFM

I really dont wanna just throw parts and money at it, because I dont have the money for that, but im willing to do a proper test of components

Can anyone help me??

SECOND ISSUE IF U CAN HELP CUZ UR RLLY NICE :):

Coolant keeps getting pushed into the overflow tank, can it be a bad Radiator Cap? because my radiator cap seems to have small signs of leaking now just today it seems to have leaked everywhere from there. Is that possible air is getting in from there?? I had a garage pressure test the cooling system and they said it held the pressure no issues. I HEAVILY doubt the car has a BHG bcz it has ARP Studs and MHG along with No oil in the coolant / no coolant in the oil and no white puffing smoke

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
^ yep, your hitting fuel cut. Check all of your inter cooler piping. If nothing is obvious get some abs caps and drill and install a compressor fitting in one and seal both ends of your piping and pressurize it.

2nd issue is either cap or Blown Head Gasket. If the cap doesn't fix it you can either get test strips for CO in the coolant or pressure test the coolant system.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Instead of throwing parts at it, put your multimeter on Hz scale and read the meter at idle and 2000 rpm or so and share the results.