Re-manufactured Engines

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I searched this just now for a little bit and didn't really find anything, I know my 7m was "rebuilt" but i never received any paperwork from that. However, The block is painted blue and right under the starter on the block is a tag, It says "Re-manufactured" its red and silver and it has a number on it.

Anybody know if toyota offered these motors reman'd? The previous owner said it was rebuilt by toyota. Now like i said i never received proof of that and when i called the dealership in new york they basically told me to get fucked.

It runs amazing and it always has, But there's signs of the engine being pulled like wires that were broken and connected back together and oil hose clamps not being on because they couldn't get to them, Like i said the block is painted blue. Very close if not exactly the same as ford engine blue. And its always ran amazing has great compression and pulls strong. Its healthy.

Question is: Do we know of anybody who made these engines tagged and numbered that i could look up and maybe find out where it came from?

Thanks in advance.

Barry

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
i also have a tagged toyota reman block. it was orginally an na car but boosting now. mine has the tag on the exhuast side right under the manifold. red and silver tag. looks like an offical toyota one.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Mine is on the drivers side by the starter, Ill try to get a clear picture of it.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

p1542222_1.jpg

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
that is not a toyota tag. looks like the tag on my bronco II. that motor is a "gopher" rebuild. they also went by jasper.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
fixitman04;1542229 said:
that is not a toyota tag. looks like the tag on my bronco II. that motor is a "gopher" rebuild. they also went by jasper.

I didnt say mine was a toyota tag, I couldnt see it until today and its still hard to see i had to shove the camera way down in and take a picture of it to even read it.

But ill check out jasper, Thanks.

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
mine is a toyota tag. anyway to find out why and with what the engine was rebuilt. plus my tag is on the exhaust side and the rear corner of the block,

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
ive seen postings on craigslist were people say rebuilt by toyota with proof and i always was wondering if they were bullshitting or toyota really rebuilt are 7ms..?

koreyd

Jan 25, 2009
fall river mass
my guess it that they were fixed due to the improper torque from the factory and some poeple actually got their motors fixed by toyota. thats my guess

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Work like that is usually out sourced from my experience with local dealerships. I know the machine shop dealerships use in my area and i personally wouldn't use them. They have a hit and miss reputation with locals around here (both individuals and performance shops with various engines).

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I was honestly just trying to figure out if i could find specs of the motor maybe bearing clearances and stuff so i could know for one, and find the lightest oil possible for flow.

But its all good.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
run a 5w30 usuing a good oil psi gauge. See what if gives you at 3000rpms and idle. If pressure is above spec or in the high range of the spec try a 5w-20.