Random lean?

IRONMAN

Sep 7, 2012
Mobile
Ok for starters the knock sensors are rewired. Second it ran rich all of the time until that day. Found out it was the afm. With a different AFM it ran great. It just didn't throw a code for it. Don't know why but it didn't. I check the AFM and it wasn't to spec, so I'll save the money for the AFM and replace it. I also got that 15k from insurance on the last car and medical bills. Problem solved.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
IRONMAN;1962871 said:
Ok for starters the knock sensors are rewired. Second it ran rich all of the time until that day. Found out it was the afm. With a different AFM it ran great. It just didn't throw a code for it. Don't know why but it didn't. I check the AFM and it wasn't to spec, so I'll save the money for the AFM and replace it. I also got that 15k from insurance on the last car and medical bills. Problem solved.

Saving for an afm won't be necessary. Just buy a used one from someone for like 20 bucks or maybe a little more.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
IRONMAN;1962871 said:

You have both knock sensors rewired? or the 1 sensor wired into both ECU ports?
Doesnt make sense that a faulty AFM wouldnt throw a code...

You put 15k into your car and you are still having stupid issues like knock sensor codes and out of spec AFMs? wowzers...what did you put all the money toward? gold leaf accents?