Random...i love my integra!

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Just did a routine tune up changing plugs, oil, air filter and plug wires...

My 1990 clicked over 207,000 miles last week and I bought it with 120,000 about 3 years ago for 2500. Anyways, I decided to do a compression test for the heck of it. 199,198,200,199 was the reading on the four cylinders. Who knows if the compression is really that high, dunno how reliable and accurate my gauge is but the big thing is they are all even! It still doesn't burn or use any oil, no leaks, and haven't had a single issue with it yet. Still gets roughly 29-32mpg depending how hard I drive it. Been a great car that allows me to spend more money on the Supra :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's awesome. I like Integras. A friend of mine has one. I think it's an RSX or something like that. He's got another motor in it that he imported from Japan. He runs low nines in an 1/8 and it's never left him stranded anywhere.

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
suprahero;1183587 said:
That's awesome. I like Integras. A friend of mine has one. I think it's an RSX or something like that. He's got another motor in it that he imported from Japan. He runs low nines in an 1/8 and it's never left him stranded anywhere.

Maybe GSR? That would be the 1.8l vtec. Mine doesn't have vtec and is rather slow as hell but it is what it is. Gets me where I want to go cheaply and worry free. Did alotta interior clean up and exterior clean up and realized it's actually in great shape. Kinda forgot that it was a clean car and not a POS beater lol. Havent waxed it since I bought it nor cleaned the interior so I figured I would do it finally

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Integras have one of the all time best suspension designs (then they fucked it up starting with the RSX and it's still going today).

I'd drive the piss outta one, but can't find one cheap...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, I guess GSR sounds right. I thought it was an RSX though. He paid seven thousand dollars for the motor and installation..........:aigo:

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
rtrdpenguin;1183615 said:
They are pretty high in price (probably because of their popularity) but I wouldn't mind having one to DD either. I think the GSRs even have decent horsepower (180ish?) so it wouldn't be terribly slow or anything either!

Not sure about power I was wanting to say 160ish crank. I have the RS which is the 1.8l just no vtec and it made 130 at the crank 200k ago. Love to dyno it just to see what it does lol. It has had some hard miles over the years from me and it just won't die. Unfortunately the gas thing drove the good ones right off the market leaving behind slim pickings of riced out POS's that have a whole laundry list of issues. The only thing that I ABSOLUTELY hate about this thing is it does not have one single cup holder nor anything that could function as one...wtf!

So with that, anyone found decent cup holder solutions? I am using one of those things that hangs onto the side of the door and I hate it with a passion ha ha ha. I can't even use the ones that wedge between the seat cause the gap is way big and the angle is wrong to use it.

EDIT: I believe 180 is right, I think the civic SI's with the dohc 1.6l vtec has 160 crank. A buddy of mine used to have a 1995 GSR integra and I was very impressed with how quick that car was for what it is.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
my 97 had cup holders... i had a gsr wit cai and exhaust, short shifter... but i traded it to a kid for the supra and 3 grand... yea i raped him... then when the floods hit indiana he drove it through water and hydrolocked it .... it was clean too... a little spec of honda rust... the cleanest interior in an integra that i have seen.... but all is well cus i have my supra now.. but i wouldnt mind having one again for the mpg...

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
IndyMK3;1183855 said:
my 97 had cup holders... i had a gsr wit cai and exhaust, short shifter... but i traded it to a kid for the supra and 3 grand... yea i raped him... then when the floods hit indiana he drove it through water and hydrolocked it .... it was clean too... a little spec of honda rust... the cleanest interior in an integra that i have seen.... but all is well cus i have my supra now.. but i wouldnt mind having one again for the mpg...

That's a gen3 the gen2's didn't have any...stupid design. There is a very very rare center console that I read was an option for this car. It's driving me nuts not having one thats for sure.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Thats a honda for you.

I put a B16 swap in my friends 91 ls about a year ago but now its got a starter problem I have to figure out..

I still love my civic/gsr swap.

Do you have a 5-speed or auto?

90-93ls is a non vtec B18a made ~140hp
94+ ls is a B18b @140

GSRs have B18c1's DOHC vtec made ~170
Type R B18c5 made 195

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Blksupra1jzed;1183630 said:
Not sure about power I was wanting to say 160ish crank. I have the RS which is the 1.8l just no vtec and it made 130 at the crank 200k ago. Love to dyno it just to see what it does lol. It has had some hard miles over the years from me and it just won't die. Unfortunately the gas thing drove the good ones right off the market leaving behind slim pickings of riced out POS's that have a whole laundry list of issues. The only thing that I ABSOLUTELY hate about this thing is it does not have one single cup holder nor anything that could function as one...wtf!

So with that, anyone found decent cup holder solutions? I am using one of those things that hangs onto the side of the door and I hate it with a passion ha ha ha. I can't even use the ones that wedge between the seat cause the gap is way big and the angle is wrong to use it.

EDIT: I believe 180 is right, I think the civic SI's with the dohc 1.6l vtec has 160 crank. A buddy of mine used to have a 1995 GSR integra and I was very impressed with how quick that car was for what it is.

When I had my 93' integra, I used to stick my drinks between the e-brake and the seat. It works perfect.

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
kabanimk3supra;1183889 said:
When I had my 93' integra, I used to stick my drinks between the e-brake and the seat. It works perfect.

It works with actual cups from like a drive through. I set a monster there once and forgot i did it...hit the brakes and whattya know, it kept going! Basically I am looking for something decent that I can bolt/epoxy to the center piece next to the shifter on the pass side. I rather keep anything I can off the dash itself. I am happy though that the one flaw I can find is the lack of a cupholder :)

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Blksupra1jzed;1183880 said:
Its a manual, damn 140? That's really not bad for a 1990 1.8l. Don't forget there were vtec gen 2s. I think 91 they started making the GSR

Yeap the 92-93 GSR's has an oddball engine. It was a B17a. Very similar to a B16a. The b17 made like 5-10 more hp than the B16 I believe. B17 is pretty much a stroked B16.
B16=1.6liter
B17=1.7liter

1st gen B16 and the B16 that came in 99-00 civic si's made 160hp.
the B17 made something like 165-170.
JDM B16's that came in the 92-95 civics over there had 170.

You on www.g2ic.com ?

Blksupra1jzed

Nov 1, 2005
Raleigh, NC
WhtMa71;1184302 said:
Yeap the 92-93 GSR's has an oddball engine. It was a B17a. Very similar to a B16a. The b17 made like 5-10 more hp than the B16 I believe. B17 is pretty much a stroked B16.
B16=1.6liter
B17=1.7liter

1st gen B16 and the B16 that came in 99-00 civic si's made 160hp.
the B17 made something like 165-170.
JDM B16's that came in the 92-95 civics over there had 170.

You on www.g2ic.com ?

Thats pretty cool info, didn't know that much of the details. Not yet but I am about to be, just got on clubintegra last night for some insights on the car and will join that one now. Basically I am keeping an eye out for cheap and simple things I can do to improve the car since 99% of the money will go to the Supra. The teg is very clean minus a dent in the tail panel, rear bumper on the pass corner, cracked drivers side tail light, and a crack in the front bumper. All else is basically immaculate.

tkisner

Nov 30, 2008
Killingworth
Reliable cars. Although I hate Honda/Acura. I have an accord that had a recall on the trans they would fix it because it had like 1K to many miles

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have an RSX-S and it is hella fast for a stock car.. it is a pretty sleek car.. has all sorts of nice luxuries and has a six speed which makes it a great highway cruiser.

The only problems with it I have had are hitting things - like deer, a big ford truck, having other people run into me while pumping gas... you know, those kind of problems.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
yeaaaaa... i got a honda civic vti aerodeck. its a estate that we have in the uk with a b18c4 vtec engine in its got a good 170bhp. great run around.