Raising the boost :)

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
I just finished my 1jz swap into my 88 Supra. My mods include Wlabro fuel pump, GReddy profec type-s EBC, Airinix intake, HKS DP, 3 inch TP, and a nice HKS super dragger exhaust. I did all the mods before I did the swap, and I have to say, at about 3500 rpm's this thing really wakes up and keeps pulling hard. But I haven't used the ebc to up the boost, I just set it to stock 10psi. I'm wondering, what would be a good safe boost level to raise it to? I'm running stock twins and stock injectors. Thanx.

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
I think if you use a 2jz map it will raise the cut. The map is what causes it to cut since it only read to 15 psi I do believe. THe other thing you could do is build your own FCD with some resistors.

Bascially you need to lower the voltage of the map

someone correct me if im wrong

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
I already bought an s-afc neo. So is it true that I can use that to raise boost cut and run like 16psi safely with my mods?

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
only if you have a wideband so u know that your arent leaning it out too much. In my BPU car i ran safcII and with no changes i was 11.5:1 at 14 psi so leaning out would have been bad for my motor.

~scott

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
scottiedawg66 said:
only if you have a wideband so u know that your arent leaning it out too much. In my BPU car i ran safcII and with no changes i was 11.5:1 at 14 psi so leaning out would have been bad for my motor.

~scott

Hmmm... Did you have a walbro installed? Because if you did, wouldn't you be rich at WOT at 14psi?

Erkenz

Apr 25, 2006
Michigan
Also, wouldn't just a narrowband a/f gauge work for my application to see my approximate fuel to air ratio. At least enough so I can tune it with the afc??

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
walbro installed, and every car is slightly different, If you are going to mess with the airflow signal get a wideband, end of story.

~scott

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
I think you should probably get a fuel cut defencer along with the AFC. Leaning out your car isn't always the safest thing to do. Keeping your car on the rich side of things keeps your engine cooler and safer. The AFC will be great for tuning, but it can be dangerous to your motor if you lean yourself out too much.

irocznissan

May 28, 2006
nj
Ric said:
Don't be ghetto.

Get a fuel cut defencer. The SAFC is to CONTROL the fuel, not defeat boost cuts.

agreed. and u should go get a wideband. itll save u a motor in the long run. i kno first hand lol

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
GEt A Greddy BCC if you want to raise boost. SAFC-II WILL NOT get rid of the boost cut like everyone is saying. The BCC will help you raise the boost, but make sure you have a tune done at the level of boost or have a wide band meter to help you monitor the afr.