Radio install Q

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Ok, I'm installing an alpine deck and amp in a 92 that has the stock amp under the seat.
I need to know the wire colors from the deck to the amp for each speaker. I have the colors from the amp to the speakers, but the diagrams don't show which wires do what between the amp and deck. I'm waiting on the install harness, which would solve the problem, so any quick help would be much appreciated.
Thanks -Jake

Last edited:

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Here's why I'm confused...
Page_132.gif

As you can see, most of the colors are represented on both sides of the amp. The problem wire is lg (light green). Since lg is missing, I have no reasoning other than a hunch to assume that the other colors go through the amp without changing color. So a wire by wire explanation would be great.
Thanks.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
Hmmmmmm all I know is that the models that came with the under-seat amp have the same basic wiring as regular supras with an extra wiring harness attached to include the amp in the circuit. When I ordered my stereo, it came with the harness adaptor to fit the 'basic' plug and the extra amp harness went unused. Is there any specific reason you would want to keep the toyota amp wiring in place vs. installing the deck with an adaptor and installing the amp via traditional means with RCA cables?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
here is an easy way of doing it run all new wireing and dich all that junk

or just weight for the harenss easy as pie eh

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
well, the harness showed up and it was for the "traditional" plug.

The reason I want to keep the stock wiring is for simplicity, and since the vehicle has a sub as well, I'd rather use wiring that is here, now, than run two more rca's. And I'm not even sure if the deck has three pre-outs. Also, I'm attracted to the idea of speaker level inputs to the amp, since it is setup to handle them properly. I really like to keep things as clean as possible.
I suppose I can just use the wires however I want to since no-one sems to be able to find the female side of that harness...

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
sorry...
ive been on da run longer than i thought.
are ya tryin to make sense of the connect wires to the original amp from the radio?

when i looked at the diagram i saw that there is good detail of what the post amplifier wire colors do, etc.

between the cd and deck, the colors are defined but not the function of each separate wire.
i found this in the manual...

coupled along with...

means...
a) the lg wire belongs between the speaker and amplifier and is the #1 wire for the front right speaker. as you said "the light green wire is missing between the amp and deck..."

there should not be on there.

on the other hand, from the diagram i spy...

(tryin my best to decipher)
1) P (pink) is powered from the dome fuse
2) V (violet) possible speaker candidate
3) L (blue) goes to the auto antennae motor?
4) SB (???) is also a possible speaker output.
5) W (white) is also a possible speaker output.
6) G (green) is also a possible speaker output.
7) O (orange) connects to the auto antennae relay?
??? hey, 8 is skipped.
9) BR (brown) gets power from the 7.5 amp radio fuse in the box.
10) B-W (black, white) is a possible speaker output.
The last four are also a possible speaker output.
11) GR (gray)
12) Y (yellow)
13) B (black)
14) R (red)

hope it’s a start.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IHI-RHC7 said:
well, the harness showed up and it was for the "traditional" plug.

The reason I want to keep the stock wiring is for simplicity, and since the vehicle has a sub as well, I'd rather use wiring that is here, now, than run two more rca's. And I'm not even sure if the deck has three pre-outs. Also, I'm attracted to the idea of speaker level inputs to the amp, since it is setup to handle them properly. I really like to keep things as clean as possible.
I suppose I can just use the wires however I want to since no-one sems to be able to find the female side of that harness...

the other reson why i sujest this is cause you will be duble amping the stock amp witch will tend to get really nasty as in noise speakers crappying out as in sound

so this is why i sujest get by passing the the stock stuff in less you are planing on bye passing the stock amps