radiator cap and headlight motor

dusthead

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR
Aug 10, 2009
New London, CT
so i got a chance to work on my supra today...i replaced the driver side headlight motor and added some coolant cause i'm still burping my system.

First issue: the headlight motor works...but the arm stops at the wrong position! it goes like an extra 30 degrees rotation. so when i turn the lights on - it goes completely up and then a little down. and when i turn them off - it goes all the way down and then a little up...so now i have a peeking headlight, lol.

anyone know how to fix this? i tried turning the motor manually to the right spot and switching the lights on/off again...that didn't work. i unplugged the motor, adjusted them manually again, plugged it back in, switched the lights on/off...still nothin. so...ideas anyone? i took a look at this thread:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5008&highlight=headlight+motor+replacement
but it didn't mention anything about this issue.

Second issue: i know this is small, but after filling up my rad and reservoir and running the car - my cap started leaking. when i opened it (before running it) i noticed either a piece of gasket/o-ring or a piece of hardened sealant..about an inch long and a millimeter or two thick sitting in the cap area. i looked at the caps rubber gasket and it looked good...maybe i'm missing a gasket that sits in the rad's cap area? yes...i made sure the cap was on all the way...any ideas?

Thanks in advance.