Racing Gear JTC N1 Rebuild

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I found a set of these coilovers for the MK3 Supra. But 3 of the 4 are blown and I emailed Racing Gear and they won't do oversea service. I even tried calling Tein and they won't do it either. Can anybody help me figure out how to get a rebuild on these beauties?? They're kind of rare parts and would love to put them on my car.

I was thinking of shipping them to a person in Japan and having them send it over for a rebuild, but the thing is, I don't know anyone that lives in Japan.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks guys.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Wonder why they won't do a rebuild for you? How is it any different from you living in Japan and mailing them to the manufacturer for rebuild?

Your third party idea might work, but you would have to be able to trust the person... not the best way to do business unless you REALLY know that you can trust them. As such, I don't know that we have anyone on here that I would send my suspension and cash to rebuild them to. Good luck!

Edit: you haven't bought them yet have you? If not, frankly... I would just find a more available suspension. Then again I have better things to do with my time, so that is up to you if the trouble is worth it to you, then go for it. :)

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
No I haven't bought them yet. Because of how hard it is to rebuild them. I'm really considering a set of Teins with the EDFC.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
i have the same coilovers on my car, i think invidia now owns the company, or they use their parts iirc. Contact them and see what they say!

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
For sure! I will try and contact Invidia and see what they say. If that's a bust too, then I'm just gonna go with some Teins. A lot of people say they love them (no matter what car they put it on) and the experience is just that much better with the EDFC.

K20 how do these coils ride though?

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
mine came with high spring rates, they were on a track car so mine are rough. Unless you are getting a great deal i say just buy the teins. I love my coils and they are rare, i mean they retail for like $2400 i think, but yea the time and the money your gonna spend just put that towards new coils.