R154 throwout bearing and snap ring order help

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Ok guys I'm trying to figure out the order the snap rings, wave rings, washers, everything that goes on the throwout bearing hub assembly. I have seen a bunch of pictures on a lot of different forums bit nothing explains what order all those rings, and washers go in on the throwout bearing. I have seen the cygnus diagram but its just a blown up picture and doesn't explain the order very well. Does anyone have a better thread showing how they all go together and in what order they go together. Also I need to know how it gets mounted on the pressure plate and what goes on what side. Thanks in advance guys. TweeT.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I know it, but it's hard to explain :rofl:

I knew I should have taken pics last time I did it, but I was rushed a bit...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
This shows it a bit more clearly.

MCG204A.gif

31264A is the cone washer, the raised center (put it flat on a table and you'll see what I mean) should face 31264. The other way around won't preload the assembly and keep it tight. Then it goes through the pressure plate and through the throwout bearing and then held by 31231B.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=CL&P=11

I think that picture is a lot more clear as to what order things go in. I just did the clutch in my car, and used the TSRM for what order to assemble things in.

Put the thrust cone and plate washer on the hub, then the throwout bearing, install with snapring. put it through the pressure plate, then the large plate washer, wave washer, and snap ring. Make sure that the snap rings are good and tight, it's a big mess if either one lets go.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
So i ended up using my friends partially assembled pressure plate and throw-out hub to get the order last time. Well I broke the throw out bearing....so all the snap rings fell off. So pulled the trans off yesterday. Got a new throw out bearing today, and i'm still not getting the order through the Cygnus pictures....