R154 Clutch kits-need your opinions

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I could have sworn there was a thread where people posted their experiances with whatever clutch they chose but i couldnt find the tread using search. Anyways I am looking to replace my clutch since my stock one is slipping. I looked at various websites like HPF, MVP and so on and there are so many choices. I want a clutch that will hold about 450lb ft so what do you think is the right clutch for me? I searched around for some reviews on the SPEC clutch kits and the reviews are about half and half. Some love the spec clutch but others seems to dislike it. I also looked at the HPF bronze kits but didnt like how you have to buy the pilot and throw out bearing seperatly even though they call it a kit. Is there any other kits i should look at?

thanks again

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
ahh didnt even go to SF since search has been disabled there for years but thanks for the link

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Squid699 said:
centerforce dual friction :thumbs up:

i know dual frictions are good on domestic cars, but ive heard from a few places that they aren't quite as good on supras....... how much are you putting to the dual friction?

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
I'm running a South Bend feramic full face on an unorthodox flywheel. The engagement is smooth - almost stock like and should hold over 450ft lbs. I only have 125mi on it so far so I haven't really pushed it. Even though it gets smoother the more miles I put on it, it doesn't like to be slipped for a long time - either engage or take your foot off the clutch. But that is something that Andy @ sbc did tell me they don't like a lot of heat (long slippage) before I bought it. based on the way I drive, that won't be an issue...