R-154 Refil, Can I do this yes or no?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Alright. Hi there everyone. I am just finishing up a swap for someone. I have a r-154 that needs fluid. I noticed the filler plug is a little out of reach and I don't have a nice little hand pump to pour the fluid into. I was wondering if I could remove the shifter and pour the fluid in from the top, seems like a ingenious idea, but I want to make sure I am not filling the wrong area or what not, thanks.

Please make sure you know what you're talking about I don't want to make a mistake with this :)

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
yes you can fill it through the shifter hole

fill plug out of the trans, have someone watch for when its full (the car should be level)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
I just did mine through the shifter, just make sure its level and remove the fill plug and jus pour until the fluid comes out and stops then you,ve got a perfect 3.2l :) , its a lot better then laying under the car and pumping it.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
It is done. I measured 3.2l. It is all done now shifter will be going back on. The good news is the 1JZ started today, idle was perfect, got to operating temperature perfect, and it also had great oil pressure. I will have to post some pic's, and video of the complete swap. I finally was able to do all of this thanks to someone funding it to have me do the swap for them!

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure I was not going to screw anything up. I am now on to doing a few other things on the car!