Quick Question-supra mk3

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello,
Is there a difference from the Mk3 throttle body sensor of an A/T tranny turbo from a M/T tranny turbo?how about the igniter?I just got a 7mgte, A/T,turbo engine put in my 90 supra M/T Turbo. However i got so many problems. Does any one know which parts should be placed from my M/T Turbo engine to the A/T turbo engine?
Thank You for all the help
Noremac25

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
noremacsupra said:
Hello,
Is there a difference from the Mk3 throttle body sensor of an A/T tranny turbo from a M/T tranny turbo?how about the igniter?I just got a 7mgte, A/T,turbo engine put in my 90 supra M/T Turbo. However i got so many problems. Does any one know which parts should be placed from my M/T Turbo engine to the A/T turbo engine?
Noremac25
The tranny and the engine are two different things...there is no A/t Engine and m/t engine. So that being said I dont see why you'd have to replace anything you've mentioned.
If I'm wrong then someone please shoot me...haha.

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
TurboFreak88 said:
The tranny and the engine are two different things...there is no A/t Engine and m/t engine. So that being said I dont see why you'd have to replace anything you've mentioned.
If I'm wrong then someone please shoot me...haha.

The stock boost is different on 5spd and Auto engines. 5spd = 6.5 Auto = 5.5

Whoopie doo.. but yeah there IS a difference.

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
noremacsupra said:
Hello,
Noremac25

What kind of problems are you having? Where in LA Are you located?

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
1988SupraDreams said:

Can someone else confirm this? Why would having an auto transmission lower the boost? Doesnt make sence...

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
it's the way the tranny loads the engine, the standard tranny you can load up harder in 4th and 5th gear where the auto holds boost between shifts.

there is no difference between the motor's you have, simply unbolt the auto tranny and flex plate, and bolt up[ the m/t stuff.

all the sensors should be the same so long as they fall under the same year range,
i would suggest swaping the sensors to keep your harness from being all cut up.

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
a lot of problems....check thread Car does wont run.....when i ran the car and press on the gas even when i flooor it the car wont run faster...thanks..
1988SupraDreams said:

noremacsupra

beginner
Jan 29, 2007
Los Angeles
The engine is on my car now installed...read threadhttp://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39077QUOTE=pimptrizkit]it's the way the tranny loads the engine, the standard tranny you can load up harder in 4th and 5th gear where the auto holds boost between shifts.

there is no difference between the motor's you have, simply unbolt the auto tranny and flex plate, and bolt up[ the m/t stuff.

all the sensors should be the same so long as they fall under the same year range,
i would suggest swaping the sensors to keep your harness from being all cut up.[/QUOTE]