Quick question on the poly bushings :)...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I'm installing poly bushings on my lower control arm but I cant seem to find out anywhere if I'm suppose to use the metal sleeve that came with the old worn out bushings. The sleeves are sort of messed up after the removal and the poly bushing instructions never clearly say to reuse the sleeve. A member in an older thread but I just wanted to make sure... Thank you guys.... :D

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
THANK YOU!!!! I thought I was going to have to pay a shop to put them in but it looks like I'm going to be able to do it myself... Awesome, this made my day :D

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
The upper control arm bushings were the easiest to get out/put in...they pushed out with a c-clamp really easily. The lower control arms I needed to half cut out, half use a vice due to rust and age, it was horrible. Also getting the sleeves out required cutting them with a reciprocating saw because they were rusted in place.

Putting all the new ones in is an easy process. just clean with a brass brush to get rid of all the old bits of rubber/rust, use plenty of grease and push in by hand.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
The upper control arms were easy for me despite the fact that they were new... Yup, I took out the new oem bushings for the poly lol... I got a small hammer and hit the bushing with a 19mm sockets until it was engraved in the rubber. I then got a my ratchet and literally just started spinning the bushing until it popped right out :)... It was pretty easy. I then cleaned the inside and installed the poly ones by hand. That pre lube is sticky thou golee.... Cant wait to install my suspension next weekend...