quick question on 1j swap

boostedsupra87

Jul 16, 2009
miami
Hey guys im buying a clean 89 with a 1j swap this week with the insurance money i got for my previouse supra, and i had a question I wanted to ask. I went and drove the car, its nice, and it pulls ok. I know the engines healthy, but for some reason none of the gauges on the inside work. No tach, no oil pressure, no temp, no nothing. Should I be worried about that or is that just a matter of connecting the old plugs to the 1j plugs? Thanks ahead of time. Im so excited on getting my hands on that car. Its sweet and Im getting a good price:naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:

1jzQuest

May 29, 2009
Illinois, Davis
Tons of info on the site about swapping into Supra-hint hint "Stickies" You will have no oil pressure signal unless you do a mod- which again is on the site. Search it out man all your questions have already been answered. G/L and grats on the find.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What does the car owner say? Was he too lazy to wire things up or is there something wrong with the instrument panel? It should be a simple fix and I wouldn't worry about it if you're getting a great deal on a good running car. Good luck.

Please use punctuation when making a new thread. Most of our members won't even try to read it if it looks like a second grader wrote it., Jay

boostedsupra87

Jul 16, 2009
miami
Hey thanks for the reply,and sorry for the punctuation, i typed that as fast as i could in the mornin before goin to work. .Yea the guy was lazy and just extended the harness and ecu but im guessing he didnt wire the body plugs to the harness?? Thats why nothing works, my question is should i be woried or i can just take it out later and have someone do the work of adding the 7m connectors to the 1j ones