Quick question about WG dump tubes

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys looking inot making my own WG dump tube, but the only thing i dont really know about is if there are differant sizes for the dump. Its a normal ovalish type with the two bolts on the left and right. Ive been looking and there always say 35mm to 38mm. But mines a 40mm so i dunno.. If someone can clear this up that would be great.

Thanks again,
TomZ.

ATS_Scott

Feb 16, 2006
Corinth, TX
Untouchable7mgte said:
hey guys looking inot making my own WG dump tube, but the only thing i dont really know about is if there are differant sizes for the dump. Its a normal ovalish type with the two bolts on the left and right. Ive been looking and there always say 35mm to 38mm. But mines a 40mm so i dunno.. If someone can clear this up that would be great.

Thanks again,
TomZ.

So you have a 40mm wastegate? That equates to 1.5" dia pipe. 1-3/4" to be safe. We typically run 1-3/4" pipe on our 38mm WG setups.

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
Hey can someone help me clear this up while on the subject of wastegates, on my HKS style 50 mm wastegate there is a vacume thread on top and one on the bottom I was told the one one the bottom (near the blow down tube) goes to the turbo housing and not to use the other one on top. I dont understand what the one on top is suppose to goto or if I need to cap it or just leave it open.. =(