quick brake question: easy answer

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Do rear caliper piston have a retaining ring for the dust boot, I think the answer is yes. If they do then I'm missing both of mine and only have the front ones.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Top of my head, I can't recall, and I've got the ARZ Wilwood kit all around on my car, so can't really help you here, unfortunately. Have you checked the parts breakdown in the TSRM? That should have a good exploded view, showing you all the parts that should be there...

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Yes they do. They are available separately in parts stores I believe. I know they come in the rebuild kits. Pain in the as to install without pinching or tearing the boot. Pinched one side, tore the other. Hasn't cause me any problems yet.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Yes they do. They are available separately in parts stores I believe. I know they come in the rebuild kits. Pain in the as to install without pinching or tearing the boot. Pinched one side, tore the other. Hasn't cause me any problems yet.

Which store has them separately? yep tore mine.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Not sure about availability separately. I scored a rebuild kit that had the rings, boot and seals for under $15. Pretty sure it was oreily’s.