Questions for you Canadiens

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Hello gys/gals
Question!

How hard or easy is it to sell a car from the USA to a person in Canada? Anyone one know if this is a pretty commom process. Every needed document can be provided, I just need to know what is involved.

Thanks,
Moe.

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
SHort answer....its done all the time. As a canadian, all i have to do to buy an american car is fly down, drive it back and at the border pay the duties/taxes. To insure it i just get a simple out of province inspection. The only problem is there are some limitations on vehicles because they don't pass the "Canadian saftey standards" or whatever they are. i.e. the mitsubishi evo cannot be imported because the intercooler cuts into the front bumper. And the skyline must be modified to meet spec because the stock headlights are too low, etc....so as long as its allowed in the contry its not to difficult.

Mike Anderson

May 2, 2005
Oakville, ONT
riv.ca covers all the requirements for bringing a car into Canada. If it is 15 years old or more then it can come in unmodified. Less than 15 years it has to appear on the approved list (also on the above website). Kosh is right that sometimes modifications need to be made but on my Skyline GTR nothing was changed form stock. Technically I am supposed to change my headlights because they dont have DOT markings byt it has been in Canada for 2 years with JDM lights. Overall the process for
US to Canada is fairly easy and I have done it twice from the US and once from Japan.

Regards,

Mike

Kosh;859294 said:
SHort answer....its done all the time. As a canadian, all i have to do to buy an american car is fly down, drive it back and at the border pay the duties/taxes. To insure it i just get a simple out of province inspection. The only problem is there are some limitations on vehicles because they don't pass the "Canadian saftey standards" or whatever they are. i.e. the mitsubishi evo cannot be imported because the intercooler cuts into the front bumper. And the skyline must be modified to meet spec because the stock headlights are too low, etc....so as long as its allowed in the contry its not to difficult.