Questions for swap from 7M-GE to 2JZ-GE-T

Slick Nick

Apr 8, 2008
Youngstown, OH
:1zhelp:

Ok, so what I am starting with is a late 89 7M-GE, completely stock, still in very good condition. What I have acquired is a 2JZ-GE from sc300, I plan on getting a turbo kit and swapping this in along with an R154 to get rid of the W58.

The 2JZ harness is completely in tact, and i have an ECU.

Info about me, most of the serious engine work/tuning i have done to date has been on carbureted, older engines. So I dont have much of an issue with the mechanical part of the swap, but where I really lack in experience is on the fuel delivery/electronics part of it.

So I need some help. I have the money for the turbo kit, and I am researching/saving money for a standalone EMS.

Ive read a lot of threads on the subject of the 2JZ swap, but most if not all of them involved going from an already turboed 7M to a 2jz. So the main question I have is what am I going to have to do differently since I am starting from N/A. Also, most builds I read about did not run standalone, further combounding my confusion.

So the general idea that I have right now is that i put this 2jz in the car, and I am going to have to splice and dice the two harnesses together to keep everything working and it will connect to the aftermarket EMS.

But some of my more specific questions are which harness will actually connect to the EMS and which one will be the donor, what is different about the 7mgte versus the ge that I need to take into account, and really any information about this swap that I can get involving incorporating a standalone, and which standalones would you recommend and dont break the bank?

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
the problem with ge engines is the air metering system. they use karman vortex not an airflow meter. its harder to tune them because they go by frequency instead of voltage. with a standalone you can convert to speed density(map sensor).