Questions for future 1jz sc300 project....

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok looks like i'll be embarking into the 1jz side of the game....I'm pretty new at it so bare with me.
Please don't give me any stupid obvious remarks or statements that just makes me really irritable.

Either way my plan is to swap everything from a good running 1jz 86 mk3 5spd doner into my 92 SC300 auto. I have pedals coming and will be ordering a master cyl. soon.

So i guess some of my questions are will I be able to use my current trans mount? 2jzge motormounts? AC Pump? PS pump/system?

What about the wiring? Should i just source out an already made sc300 1jz engine harness? or would it simpler to just use the body plugs from the sc and solder onto the current 1jz harness?

I should be able to use the the front r154 ds and the rear sc300 ds correct?

Is there anything else i'm missing? I want to have everything ready so that my sc will be down for the least amount of time as possible. So if you have any USEFUL information you help would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully a "build/swap" thread will follow.

Thanks,
-emp.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yes i know it would be easier to get a soarer front clip...no offense but no fucking duh....but i dont have that do i?
i have a 1jz mk3 and a sc300........so how can i make this work....and the jzz30 and jza70 sumps are the same.

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
Check with DM for anything you may need. Makes life easier.

Getting the harness done makes life easier...also rules out a bunch of issues...went with drtweak

If I did it all over again...for the work...would have went 2J. Now I understand why folks say that...

Most of everything is straight forward..at least after you make a couple mistakes here n there :)

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Yes you will be able to use the 2jzge motor mounts, AC, and PS stuff. It's all pretty much a bolt on affair. Couldn't tell you for sure on the transmission mount, but I suspect they might be different.

As far as the harness goes, I believe that the SC stock harness is a bit longer than the mk3 harness, so even if the 1jz harness on that motor has been lengthened, it may not be long enough. If its not long enough already you might be better off trading it for one that fits your car.

You may also have to sort out special wiring for the fuel pump ECU, or bypass it altogether. Also, isn't the speedo on the SC electric? You may need to pick up a speed sensor.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok i think i will be able to get a SC 1jz harness already done....should i be able to use the same supra ecu?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The supra ECU only works with the supra harness. If the 1jz harness you get is from a Soarer you would also need a Soarer ecu, they have different connectors on them.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok makes sense.....duh for me.....

how about clutch master cylinders am i just limited to the sc300 cylinder? any ideas of i can use the mk4's?