Question on the alternator wire to fuse box

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
Hey guys,

Im In the situation of not getting any charge by the alt. Just put in a new alt but have the exact same situation of 10.4 - 11.0 volts while slowly dying.

I have read about a wire that goes to the fuse box. I have my battery cable going directly from the alt to the battery besides that..plugged into the harness.

Could the missing wire to the fuse box cause this? Also, what is this wire? The more info the better...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Pretty streight forward.

The thick 2 black wires that go to the terminal on the alternator goto the little wingnut one that went to the fuse box they are white.
The best way to run the wires there is pull out the two wires and plastic cover box from the JZA70 body reroute the two thick wires under the timing belt cover along the other wires then fallow the first break out under the plenum by the EA2 connector bolt the plastic housing to one of the 10mm plenum bolts, trim the wings off the loop terminal that went to the 7m bore out the I.D. to the minimum of the terminal block bolt it in close the cover.

The other three thin wires for S IG etc. they run to EA2 connector. Just unplug the jumper in the jza70 EA2 to the 2F JB#2 then plug it in you have at most to splice 1-2 wires. The yellow wire to yellow green or something like that.

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
Thanks alot man. So let me get this right:

Two thick black wires to the alt. Positive cable to the starter and battery negative grounded to the body?

I am going to have to look for the two thick black wires. I can't remember seeing them but will check tomorrow when the car is front of me.

Much appreciated.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
positive battery cable goes to starter & junction box
negative battery cable goes to engine block and chassie.
The alternator cables are in the JZA70 next to where the alternator was. on the alternator side of the 1JZ engine.

silversup

Supraluva
May 25, 2005
Philly
Wanted to chime back with what solved my prob. Got in there with a test lamp and verified that I was not getting any power at the connector.

I ran a positive cable from the side of the 100 amp fuse (fuse box) down to the wingnut on the alternator.

I then extended the wires from the old 7M alt connector over to the alternator where the 1J alternator is currently in. I said the hell with the extended alternator clip from my extended harness. Plugged the connector into the 1J alt.

Works like a charm. 13.5 volts and my battery is no longer dead. Thank god....

LB