Question before I install my LC-1 Wideband and EGT

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
I got my LC-1 Wideband and Greddy EGT and just had a question before I start installing everything. I think I'm going to tap into the stereo harness for the 12v, ignition, illumination and ground. Has anyone else used the stereo harness to power their gauges? If that's not a good idea what sources do you guys recommend I tap into instead. Thanks.

-Johnny

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
In the fuse block (drivers side kick panel) the is an empty terminal between the ECU-IG and IGN fuses...the top connector in this terminal is ignition switched power. It would be good for powering the LC-1...I would use an in-line fuse between it and the LC-1.

Ground can be anywhere, but if you plan on using the LC-1 analog O2 output to provide a signal to the ECU, you need to ground it as close to the ECU as possible. This will keep the O2 signal as "clean" as possible.

Illumination is a problem...if you tap into the dimmer wire, the EGT gauge will work opposite of the dash gauges for brightness. If you use the same power for the LC-1 as above, the gauge will come on bright only. You can add a rheostat to control the brightness and mount as you see fit.