stock AFM
57 trim ct26
front mount
intake
exhaust
Walbro
MHG w ARP's
10 PSI

Now: Here comes the question. Ive been thinking about running a meth injection set up for a while. And many of my friend have had great success.

Is this safe:

Same setup as above, but running 15 PSI on methonal injection.

Thanks,

William

And for all you search nazi's ive researched EXTENSIVLEY (sp) and know what it is and how it work.

Just looking too see if this will work with my setup at 15 PSI. (maybe higher?) :)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
bountykilla0118;1015312 said:
Add an AFPR then you should be ok. I dont see any tuning device ....How do you plan on getting past boost cut though?

Possibly a FCD, even though this isnt recommended. I figured the injection kit will be much safer...

I have a wideband, as well. And im running a NA fuel pressure regulator, because of the higher PSI

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Whats the difference in pressure between the NA and Turbo regulator?

The widebad tells you everything you need to know .... I say try it. I peak at 15psi on the stock 440's and lex afm if i had some more fuel pressure that would be sweat.... Right now I am adding 10-13% of fuel at WOT with an SAFC to get the correct A/F ration with the lex afm. Before I had a few big hole in my accordian hose and it would allow me to sneak some air in and I was able to run 14psi.

@ WOT my a/f is between 11.8 and 12.4 and cruise I bounce between 14.6-15.5

If you add meth in the equation your injectors do less work ....

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
bountykilla0118;1015325 said:
Whats the difference in pressure between the NA and Turbo regulator?
IIRC its not much, only around 5 PSI difference. I had both when i went turbo, and opted for the NA one.

The widebad tells you everything you need to know .... I say try it. I peak at 15psi on the stock 440's and lex afm if i had some more fuel pressure that would be sweat.... Right now I am adding 10-13% of fuel at WOT with an SAFC to get the correct A/F ration with the lex afm. Before I had a few big hole in my accordian hose and it would allow me to sneak some air in and I was able to run 14psi.
Are you on stock turbo? Have you done anything with timing? I was considering the entire "whole in the accordian" thing, but still doesnt sound liek a good idea...

@ WOT my a/f is between 11.8 and 12.4 and cruise I bounce between 14.6-15.5
If you add meth in the equation your injectors do less work ....

That seems like a fairly safe A/R ratio, but the 12.4 some-what concerns me...

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Why does that concern you ???? Look at your sig "12.2:1 --- SAFE BEST POWER @ WOT"

I run at 12.4 by choice I made thread not to long ago saying if I had some more fuel pressure and I said maybe 5psi more and everything would be perfect but everything is good now! I would like to scale back some fuel with the SAFC instead of adding fuel. I might try the NA regulator today and see how it changes the a/f ratio

The hole was where the stock BOV was located i just put a PCV filter there :) its the same as the lex afm idea "unmetered air" does matter if it looks different? Its still the same...........

My base timing is 10 degrees but when you add fuel you subtract timing :) so at WOT my timing might be little retarded but I dont have any way of knowing the exact amount.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
theres a guy with an srt-4 running around where i live, he was able to push 6-8more psi with 100% methanol injection...

so i would you think you'll be ok.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
adding on methanol without tuning will usually yield poor results. (depending on nozzle size).

I'd suggest picking up MAFT/MAFT Basic/MAFT pro. All of these piggy backs allow for auxilary inputs, which you could trim the fuel map by a percentage.
IE: when the meth kicks in fuel is reduced 15%

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
give it a shot as not many people have run this kind of setup. just keep a strong eye on your a/f and maybe play with your timing some to make the most power (dont see cam gears on your 1st post)

that said you will need something to get around FC(an FCD would work if you had some tuning ability, SAFC would work) the MAFT-Pro does have some tuning ability so that might be a good choice too.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Bought a kit, and jsut went out to get some meth ;)

Ill be installing it sometime this week and see how it reacts to 14 PSI.

People run this on stock setups with holes in there AFM's, so i shouldnt run into any problems