quake vs. 01 ram air 383 stroker

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
so i decided to go ahead and fab up a new exhaust for the supra. So i went by my buddy's exhaust shop and fabbed up a 3.5" system. The new muffler was 2 days away so as a joke we mounted up a 5" pipe from the rearend back lol. Needless to say it was LOOOOUUUUDD! My buddy tells me to do a brake stand so i pull up and this guy in a Firebird lets me pass. I lock the front wheels and let it rip the gate opens and all hell breaks loose i let up on the brake and hit second. I look up and here he comes through the smoke now i'm like 3 cars ahead and he keeps up! I'm thinking damn that thing is fast he might beat me.

I pick up the phone and call my buddy at the shop to ask if he saw the car he says yeah and it's a 383 all built up it's fast (he owns a 650hp big block camaro). I make a right and 2 miles up hit the highway he follows all the way so just before the exit i stick my hand out the window and wave him on. He gets on and we line up i'm in 3rd but after seeing the way he took off in front of the shop i'm thinking i should be in second.

1..2..3 and we both hit it, now my car is loud with no muffler open gate and a 5" pipe out the back and over all this noise i hear his car. I'm like shit this guys got a dump pipe as you can't hear it at a cruise. Now i jump 2 car lengths and usually at this point the other car is smoke. He's still there the supra holds it's own then car hits about 5200 and i'm gone 4th gear, 5th gear he's dust. That thing was fast much faster than the z06 i raced. He pulls up his eyes big as saucers and says that shixx is crazy i wave and drive on 5" pipe lol:biglaugh: