spain
Hi!
here I will show how to fit a Sequential 6 gears dog box type

Brad QUAIFE
Moddel QBE69G rated over 750 HP heavy duty gearbox
Price 6500 GBP aprox
web page QUAIFE.CO.UK
where a bought it CBRADLEYMOTORSPORT.CO.UK

I been waiting for that gearbox.... allways problem with my R154 (2) gearbox when on a race track I want to change quick boosting at 25 psi and also slow gearing down on a hard braking.
after looking for a race gearbox, Hewland, viper gearbox , dog box kits, and many other options , finally I found that gearbox on the beginning of his productions at a afordable price!!!
After talk with one of the Quaife ingeneer, he send me a couple of enginering drawing of the gearbox with all options and sizes and after studying those diagrams , I ordered one of his beautifull gearbox but on an other web shop where I got it earlier and cheapest jeje.

well the main thing is where to get the adaptor plate diagram or how to do it and where to get an engineer drawing of the W54 gearbox bellhousing because the w54 bellhowsing is the shortest bellhousing for our 7mgte engine, so it will the best to suit that gearbox in our car.

way? becuase the Quife gearbox lengt is longer than the standar supra gearbox so the shortest bellhousing will be better , if not the gear shift will be to far of the standar possition and also the adaptor plate will be very thin with other bellhousing and with the input shaft options I chose.

anyway! for me the w54 bellhousing was the best option so I tried to finde a guy how can help me with the adaptor plate and after many emails and searches I found a guy , nice guy who help me with it, EDeight from a lexus forum, he are selling some adaptor plates files of our gearbox to another engines so he was the ideal man to do it and after sent the enginnering files he made me an adaptor plate from the w54 to quaife gearbox !!! nice nice man and he didnt put price of it only if a want to donnate somenthing to hes cause jejeje of course!

after some discussions finally I decide to do the adptor plate on a 30 mm aluminium thick for me.

first point is to say with input shaft I got , the Viper with is longer than the supra input shaft but also it have different spidles.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
so I ordered an Spec twin clutch stage 2 thinking in a long first gear, engine power and racing use but with the Viper input shaft center hole disk.
When it arrives I found a big problem... the clutch touch the bellhousing! oh! no! ... the solution was a thinner flywheel and I try to ask with Spec if they can make one for my with diferent sizes but I thing they dont understood what I want to do so I made one here using parts and measures from the old one with a 20 mm hard aluminiun plate, it need to have some special thing like the rear nuts who hold the friction plate inside holes if not they touch the engine block and the oil pan but for the rest... same.

with the clutch problem solved the next thing is see how to adapt the release system, the Spec came with a push system with is perfect but it need to be attached very very well and very close with the presure plate.
we have two options , using the Spec system or the toyota w54 stock system, I am using that last system after destroyed the Spec slave cylinder trying to get the correct spacer hehe! with finally is 20 mm if anybody want to take that route.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
first to say that when I ordered the gearbox they asked to me what type of clutch I will use because they have some input shaft nose options and finally my gearbox arrived with the wrong one so....i made my custom nose, maybe better.

The second way is to use the w54 release system (good solution) we only need is an input nose similar like the toyota W54 ones same like on the photos and nothing more.

here with the 1ª option

2ª option
photos soon hehe!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the input shaft spigot is different so we have three options to solve tha step.
1º with 300 GBP we can order a custom imput shaft but 2-3 month!!
2º remove the input shaft and machine it loosing the waranty because the gearbox need to be openned, I was thinking that removing the nose will be sufficient but not, it won´t go out from the nose.
3º make a new input shaft bearing the size are 19x30x10 and 19x29x10 mm because I fit two bearing one inside inside and the other where the original is.
was imposible to find one with those sizes.

the spigot is 21 mm longer than the toyota spigot so it need to be cutted.
About the gear shift possition and after many calcs , the gear shift will be seatted arround if I remember well 24 mm back so the hole on the funnel must to be bigger
thats not dificult to do, I use a manual saw but an electric saw or other will be good .

we need to remember of fill the holes between the chasis plates with foam and silicon or somenthig good for rust and waterprof.

just to cover the space between the gear shift housing and the chasis I used a 3 mm aluminium plate which I cutted and molded to fill the space attaching it with some screws.

[/COLOR]what happens with the rear gearbox support?
thats not complicated , I used the standar from the w54 gearbox because it have the correct offset the only thing is we need to remove some metal where it touch the gearbox and make two new holes. I reinforced it welding it all arround.
the gearbox came with two silentblocks which is perfect for us but allway is possible to make a custom suport and use other rubbers... bigger ruber less noisy.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the last thing is the output shaft, the Y-yoke or
Quaife said it is like a Viper one but I dont think so, it is a 32T Y-yoke what we need for it.
the big problem come now!.... the driveshaft must to be shortened 20-30 mm so it will be a good time to made one in alumnium or carbon fibre.
Also that part can be customized on order
from factory it coming with a universal flange slip yoke

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Video inboard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9xseqmYho

photos varias

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I will check the thread if I forgot something
and sorry with my language limits

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

special thanks to Edeight, SIP racing, Cbradleymotorsport, Len Unwuin from Quaife.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
enginering diagram here
more files to download with the options in the Quaife Qbe69g page

for the gear ratios is better to check it inside Quife web becuse they are allways upgrading the option
my choiced

2.653 1.745 1.306 1.000 0.850 0.762

they have an options on Helicoidal gear on a sequential gearbox!! but not with the desirables gear ratios
also is possible to order the gearbox in H system instead sequential

Attachments

• QBE69G_Front_Detail_091015.PDF
    138.9 KB · Views: 8
  • QBE69G-VIPER-ASY_091019.PDF
    318.7 KB · Views: 4
  • E-69G1-105~02.PDF
    118.3 KB · Views: 8
  • INPUT SHAFT DIMS E-69G1-SA22~01.PDF
    152.3 KB · Views: 8
  • E-69G1-01.pdf
    784.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
impresions:
well! I am very happy with it but it is a competition gearbox so the changes are noisy and the gear are noisy escept the 4 gear (direct gear)
inside the track you dont notice the noise at all but on a public street yes but with the experience it is chaging with less noise (clunk)
it is more quite is changing at low rev but still doing Clunk.
i found that if we have a bigger silentblock at the rear suport , less noise inside the car
the gear changes are fast fast but it is noticiable and is here where is the big diference when gearing down because is possible to reduce 5 gears in less than 2 second but gearing up no need to push the clutch only release the throtle for a friction of second to change into next gear so the turbos dont loose revolutions.

Last edited: