QR Codes for cars?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Hey guys I'm sure we have all seen the QR barcodes used on a lot of products these days so that you can simply get your smart phone out and be lead to a website that gives you information about the product. Now my question is why hasn't this been used by the car scene. I feel like it would be a neat way to figure out what people have done to their cars if you see a nice one sitting in a parking lot and the owner is no where to be found. Has anyone heard or seen this been done?

For instance you can just go to a QR code generator and enter in a specific URL address and get your code made and then place it in the corner of your window and have it take you to a site that gives info on your car and shows pictures. Do you guys think this is a neat idea or do you feel that it would cause unwanted attention and possibly lead to theft? Just throwing this idea out and want to hear what you guys have to say about it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No thanks Dustin. If I don't tell people what has been done to my car, they have no business knowing in the first place. :)