Q45 TPS problems

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys!I am using the q45 tps with the maft-pro and Im having serious issues with drivability. I could be cruising on a hot day and see the ohms of the tps jump from .38 to 1.28 in a flash. The problem with that is that my WOT readings are dialed in at 1.2 on the maft pro. So I am cruising with Afr's in the 10s. I put a new (ac delco) tps on the car and I am getting the same results.....I wired in the Tps as per Xman's directions and have no idea what I should check next! Any ideas/ help would be appreciated. Thanks

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
i have the same problem with my q45 i believe its the wiring that is causing the problem...i even got rid of the temperature controlled idle control screw and spring and still having the same problem you arel. the wiring is the only thing i havnt touched so that has to be it.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Good to know. Thanks for your reply! The wiring......I soldered all of my wires, did you? I know that the TPS is just a resistor and resistance changes with heat, so would the solder cause some resistance or no? Im still a relative noob when it comes to electronics so bare with me! Thanks again

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
i did solder my wires but orginally doe testing i used the plastic connectors, neither made any difference same problem. i believe it more or less has to do with the age of the wires or damage to them...but i am chasing down my problem now will let u know what i come up with exact