Q45 Throttle Body

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I was looking into purchasing a q45 throttle body for my ffim that I just purchased from Seth and was wondering if anyone knows of any other places that sale one other then the xo2 throttle body from suprasport. I read in Seths ffim thread, that it is the one that he has but me has modified it because it has bearing issues. Could someone elaborate on this issue? Is it a common problem? Is it something that could be easily fixed? ( Note that I do have a q45 throttle body from a Nissan but I have seen three now and the throttle flap does not seem to seal all the way on all of them.)

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Also how would you compare the after market style q45 throttle body to Nissan's q45 throttle body in terms of quality and functionality?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
it may be that the throttle butterfly does not seal all the way because there is a temperature controlled rest stop for the throttle plate. its cold so it will hold the Tplate open a little more. as the TB heats up the stop will recess and close the plate more. i assume there is a set screw also to adjust this warm up stop.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mine seals well all the way around, air tight. It does take a little getting used to this TB though. It is very twitchy when compared to stock, Especially if you run it without what I call a "cammed" cable pulley disc. Basically a aluminium plate cut progressively to react more slowly during the initial portion of rotation.

If you need a pic to see what I mean I'll dig one up for ya. Don't have one on this laptop at this time.