PSN's little 'oops'...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
First link says nothing about anon...second link is about Anon's DDoS because of the jailbreak mod dev that unlocked the PS3 code. It was nothing to do with sony losing everything. Also the Anon attack took place early this month, way before this happened.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
prettymuchanoob;1705143 said:
Oh I see. Idk. I have xbox live lol

It's cool, I just don't like that Anon is getting a bad name over this. We are freedom fighters, not terrorist.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
7Matt-GE;1705198 said:
not so anonymous anymore are you :p

trolltrolltroll

anywho......continue

Rofl, I don't do anything for the cause really, I kinda just follow some of the people active in anon. It doesn't help I'm on the white hat side of things nowadays. lol

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Actually.. Sony too down their network to rebuild it differently.. They had intentions of this since George Hotz jail broke the PS3..As for the CC information, it was too encrypted to be hacked.. So no one got the CC information... and a good chunk of people put false information on their account... What the hacker did get, is already public knowledge on the internet.. the minute you have any kind of utilities, rental agreements, own property, storage units, etc...your address becomes public... PSN should be up around May 2nd/3rd if things go well.. They're not going to open the network until they know their defenses are strong, and secure..

People tend to forget: xbox live has been down 3 times in its existence.. 7 days, 11 days and 14 days.....ALSO xbox live has been hacked before, having people's accounts stolen with passwords changed.. They also used people's XBL points to change account names.. I know this for a fact, because it happened to my brother..

I own both a PS3 and xbox.. I prefer my PS3 any day of the week.. Honestly, PS3 is the better console, and this is the FIRST hiccup for PSN in the almost 5 years its been operating.. That speaks volumes compared to XBL... Plus, PSN is FREE.. On top of that, PS3 does more then Xbox360, better resolution for gaming, 3D capabilities, and better surround sound output.. Plus, the PS3s had 1/5th the failure rate of xbox360s RROD (Thats the 40/60/80gb YLOD).. Xbox had numerous different hardware failures RROD, E74 Error, etc.. Most people's launch 'Fat Body' PS3s are still running strong, and I doubt there is many launch 360s still going..

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Most people have had their accounts hacked through their E-Mail from signing in on a website that was probably from a link and their information gets sent to an E-Mail address.

Xbox Live was not down for 14 day, they have had issues and kept the service up while they resolved it. They do occasionally take it down for their maintainece and always let you know ahead so that word "maintainence" is not a cover up for the word "hacked."

Unless I am uniformed, please forward me a link to where it says Xbox Live was down for 14 days.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Xbox live was down for 14 days during the Xmas holidays in 2007.. And Sony actually does the same with maintenance.. It's just morons don't look at the playstation blog, or forum even though their console has a web browser with a direct link to both..

Also, xbox let the hacking of peoples accounts go on for over 3 weeks before they finally confessed to it.. They kept it hush saying people were having connection issues.. Sony took PSN offline instantly to prevent that.. I am not going to get into a flame war for PSN/xbox but frankly XBL has proven it's noth worth the $60/month nor is their system worth the minimum $199.00 they charge

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMario;1704696 said:
Actually it is, in fact it's way cheaper.

So then why in the world are people still building $3000 computers to play the latest games these days? I mean Crysis is beautiful and all, but I played it on a friend's setup on 360, it doesn't look *that* much better on PC to my eyes? At least not $2700 better. ;)

Long as a computer will still play Worms and the old school Doom games, I'm good. :)

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

savannahashlee;1705476 said:
...it's noth worth the $60/month

Someone's gonna call you out on that, pretty sure it's only $60 per year... Any news on the original subject though?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If you're spending $3K on a PC you're an idiot... My PC components are a couple years old and they weren't top of the line at the time either, and I play Crysis and Crysis 2 with settings maxed...

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
I built my PC for around 1500 this year. But I could build one that plays games for under 1k easily. As for the quality difference, it's noticable in some games more than others. Farcry 2 being an example, WAY cleaner on PC. Crysis 2 was aimed more at consoles this time around, which is why they're more similar. PC users don't have the options they had available in Crysis 1 graphics-wise without running a mod.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1705487 said:
If you're spending $3K on a PC you're an idiot... My PC components are a couple years old and they weren't top of the line at the time either, and I play Crysis and Crysis 2 with settings maxed...

Yep. Same here

savannahashlee;1705476 said:
Xbox live was down for 14 days during the Xmas holidays in 2007.. And Sony actually does the same with maintenance.. It's just morons don't look at the playstation blog, or forum even though their console has a web browser with a direct link to both..

Also, xbox let the hacking of peoples accounts go on for over 3 weeks before they finally confessed to it.. They kept it hush saying people were having connection issues.. Sony took PSN offline instantly to prevent that.. I am not going to get into a flame war for PSN/xbox but frankly XBL has proven it's noth worth the $60/month nor is their system worth the minimum $199.00 they charge

XBL can be had for $29 for a year...

te72;1705477 said:
So then why in the world are people still building $3000 computers to play the latest games these days? I mean Crysis is beautiful and all, but I played it on a friend's setup on 360, it doesn't look *that* much better on PC to my eyes? At least not $2700 better. ;)

Long as a computer will still play Worms and the old school Doom games, I'm good. :)

Crysis 2 was not optimized for the PC at all, it is the sad fact that they made it for the consoles and then ported it over to the PC...and VERY VERY shitty port at that. Retail copies still had stuff like "press B to return" and "press start to except"

This is the reason Crysis 2 is easily run on even the most mediocre systems out there.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, Crysis 2 wasn't "ported." It doesn't have any of the "press B to return" crap either, so I don't know wtf you're talking about.

The reason it runs better on lower end systems is BECAUSE it was better optimised. The original Crytek engine wasn't optimised for gaming, it was done more as a technical demo.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That's not proof :nono:

Keep thinking what you want, but the game is not a "port." It's still larger than the original Crysis.

It's also an arguably better game. Like I said, the original was a tech demo.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I love how any discussion of a console turns into cheerleading for different platforms. I have a ps3 because the games I want are on it. I don't play online ever but I do like being able to go on once in a while if I feel the itch. Paying any amount for the online access for me is not going to happen. I was never a playstation fan, I preferred the original xbox over the ps2 and think the dreamcast had the most potential of systems.

If some honda fanboy came here and was spewing how great hondas are and toyotas suck people would obviously disagree. It's a personal preference and we need multiple platforms to have more options and competition to drive the market to cheaper and better games. Do people really want there to only be One platform so they can feel better about choosing the "winning" side?

I'm waiting for the big 1am announcement from sony monday to see what's going on.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1705547 said:
That's not proof :nono:

Keep thinking what you want, but the game is not a "port." It's still larger than the original Crysis.

It's also an arguably better game. Like I said, the original was a tech demo.

How is that not proof? The game was not designed for the pc... its a port.