PSM / Playstation magazine is done...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Now, the question is, did anyone else read it? I subscribed for almost 15 years. In its heyday (back when it was known as PSM), the magazine kicked a lot of ass, with a unique sense of humor, fantastic art (most covers were done by comic artists), and a focus on fun.

Was kinda disappointed to find out that it is officially over. Really wishing I hadn't gotten rid of my collection after that Rob guy took over as EIC. The magazine really went downhill after that guy took the helm... and to think I was only missing maybe 10 of the ~195 issues. :nono: At least I donated it to the local library for their book sale. Either way, I really wish publishers would have scanned and maintained a digital archive of magazines like this.

So... am I the only one here who read PSM/PTOM?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MightyAl;1899943 said:
The last video game mag I subscribed to was Nintendo power.
Heh, seems we are in the same boat sir. At least NP knew they were going down. Apparently the PTOM guys found out the day they were shipping the last issue, that it was the LAST issue, according to what Roger (last/former EIC) told me.

Kinda sad to see all these publications go. You really don't get the same sense of personality from a web page, even on the really good ones. That, and it's nice to have paper in your hands from time to time...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
fuck ya Nintendo power that shit was gold.... Pc gamer was the shit too free cd with bunch of demo's back in the Pentium 75 era and the 3dfx voodo card relm

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
i read and had a subscription to psm back in the day. i still have my ps1 with the resident evil cover sticker lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jetjock;1900181 said:
1 Corinthians 13:11...
I see what you're getting at sir. I'm still a kid at heart though, and still find it fun to re-visit childhood memories sometimes. Having grown up has its advantages for sure, but being grown up has a place and a time. All the time, and all the places? Just wouldn't be who I am. :)