prosport oil temp sender too big for any fitting that I've found, what to use?

wh0wants2know

Apr 4, 2005
seattle
ok, I know SOMEONE from here has to have a prosport oil temp guage installed on their supra sucessfully. here's the problem that I have: I got the gauge and the sender is too thick to actually go into the fitting that I have for it. I'm using the 1jz oil pressure sender extension hose that driftmotion sells to go from the block (just behind the water pump) out to a T-fitting that has two 1/8" NPT female ports. the oil pressure sender fits fine, however I just can't fit the temp sender down into the T fitting because it's too big to get past the end of where the threads are in the fitting. Please, someone, anyone on here tell me what fitting to use to make both the prosport oil pressure sender and oil temp sender actually fit on the car. Someone here has to have both of these installed.

wh0wants2know

Apr 4, 2005
seattle
seriously, has no one ever mounted an oil temp gauge to their engine before? All these oil system remote filter mods with big oil coolers that everyone seems to be doing, and not a single one of you has put in an oil temp sensor and can suggest a fitting that will work? I need 1/8" NPT that's deep enough to hold the thing and will somehow bolt in to the oil system.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
You could easily fab up an extension hose out of AN line or rubber line and mount the huge sender. I usually do not buy gauges with huge ass components that need to be plumbed into the engine bay. ProSport is good for the price, but not the easiest to mount.