Prosport Boost Guage

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I have a pro sport boost guage that is pegged at 30psi and doesn't come back to 0psi as it used to before we put it away for winter. (I wish i was able to handle 30psi:biglaugh:). But anyways, my brother and I were thinking of changing the Sending unit to see if that's whats causing the problem.

I disconnected the vaccum and it's still pegged at 30lbs. My only question is that to test that the sending unit is working, do any of you think the stock sending unit will work? Only problem i see is that, that unit only goes to 8psi?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
The stock sending unit will not work with an aftermarket gauge. I would contact Prosport and see what he has to say about it.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Doward;1321730 said:
Is this a Mechanical or Electrical boost gauge? I just want to verify that ;)

If it's a Mech, how did it ever get to 30?

It's an electrical boost guage. They have a sending unit on the site for 20 bucks that i might pick up. I just wanted to see if that was my actual problem. I will call them however to see if they can replace it for me.

If it doesn't work... i guess i'm going to buy a new guage.

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
I know that these gauges when turned on the needles or w/e goes all the way up and back down. If it goes all the way up and does not come back down them maybe it might be the wiring or sensor....

So does yours get bk down after turned on and after engine startup it goes up and sticks at 30? Or when turned on does it just go up and sticks there without even getting bk down??

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Well i disconnected the sender and when i would turn on the car it would peg at 30psi go back down to -30 like it always does at start up and then slowly creep up to -30 again. When i connect the sender, it does the same start-up and then it Pegs at 30psi it doesn't creep it just slams to 30psi you can actually hear the needle :aigo:. I sent prosport an email in hopes that, that is my problem.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Just called Ryan a prosport and he's taking back my sending unit for testing and getting me a new one. I am one happy camper now :) haha

I want to turn up my boost! but don't know what im running i don't want to blow intercooler piping....