Project Wolverine, Drewisweird's Mk III build thread.

Drewisweird

Jun 6, 2014
Eastpointe, MI
As a bit of background, My name is Andrew. I'm a 17 year old high school senior. I've always wanted to have a project car, just something that I could work on and bring back to life. I found this car on craigslist listed for $800 and I picked it up for $600 with help from my dad. The car has since sat behind my high school auto shop all summer cause my mom wouldn't let me bring it home to work on it.

The car has a blown head gasket (whoa, shocker there), an electrical issue due to it draining a fresh battery in 2 weeks and leaks, terrible paint, sun faded interior, needs tires, brakes, has a hole the size of my head in the muffler, and is rusting out in the wheel well. Needless to say I bit off a bit more than I can chew but hey, I saved her from the scrap yard and that means something.

Here is her current condition.
View attachment 73983

As you can see, peeling clear coat and the reason why she's names project wolverine, blue and yellow paint job.

View attachment 73984

Rear shot, with better view of yellow spoiler put on by a previous owner.

View attachment 73985

Ever so lovely sun faded interior.

View attachment 73986

Towing accident, hit a pothole hard and the car jumped the tow dolly and rubbed up against the plastic fender, U-Haul wasn't very happy with us.

View attachment 73987

Free brake parts that came with the car.

20140821_140402.jpg

Shot of the very sick 7M-GE

Needless to say, I have a NA, auto, targa and my goal longterm is a much cleaner interior with a turbo conversion and a manual box. Shorterm is get the head off in auto shop, send her off to the machine shop to get some head work done, make sure the block is flat as well and get this beast back up and running like she should. Then I focus on restoring it back to its former glory and then some.