Project "White Rider"

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
My name is Edwin and I've been around Supras since I was in middle school. The third generation Supra is my favorite, and I can honestly say I prefer it over the MKIV(Although I do like the MKIV). My dad bought one when I was 12, 7MGTE/5 spd., which eventually became mine when I earned my license. Got the BHG, so instead of repairing it my dad and I decided to junk it. I got an RX 8 thereafter, owned it for a couple of years, enjoyed it, but was never really happy with it. Even after all the mods that I had done to it, I felt like I was still missing something. After three years I sold it in 2009 and in January of the same year I picked up an 87 Supra 7MGTE/5 spd. I sold that one after several months, don't know why, but I did. About a month later in October 2009 I picked up another Supra, which I currently still have. It started it's life as a 7MGTE, however was converted to a
1J (thanks Moe - Suprastanger507mgte). I dropped the car off to my friends shop "Tuning Revolution" here in San Jose, I'll be adding pictures as I go along.

This is what's being done:
- OEM spec engine rebuild
- All gaskets replaced(Factory Toyota Gasket set)
- Factory Toyota main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers
- Head Port/Polish
- 3 Angle valve job
- 2J Cams
- MKIV fuel pump
- MKIV 550's
- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
- ARP flywheel bolts
- ARP rod bolts
- ARP main studs
- ARP head studs
- Battery relocated to trunk
- New Factory Toyota Water pump and Oil pump
- Lexus SC300 alternator (110 vs. 1JZ 100)
- Southbend Stage 4 clutch
- Driftmotion Lightweight flywheel
- Shaftmasters one piece aluminum driveshaft
- Tial BOV
- Summit racing intercooler
- Custom intercooler piping
- Driftmotion exhaust manifold
- Master Power T70

There's probably more I'm missing but this is what I remember off hand.

Thanks to Aaron at Driftmotion as most of the parts listed were purchased from him.There's a lot more I'm missing, but this is what I remember off the top. I'll update as I go along.

Here is the car prior to dropping it off at the shop. Enjoy!!!
p1599166_1.jpg

p1599166_2.jpg

p1599166_3.jpg

p1599166_4.jpg

p1599166_5.jpg

p1599166_6.jpg

Last edited:

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
thedave925;1600474 said:
Its always nice to see someone dive right in deep ;)
Subscribed

Haha lol, like I said the whole thing was unexpected, I was just thrown into the water.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

A32Boost;1600490 said:
Funny because i prefer the Mk3 over a Mk4 also lol, but ill keep my eye on your thread and good luck

Thanks man. My MK3 always puts a smile on my face, something that no other car could ever do.