*Project sideways supra*

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I'm quite suprised how this build has turned out, very well thought out and put together.

Any reason you went with a targa and not a hard top for drifting, or was it just the car available at the time?

Good luck.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
TooGoode;1413664 said:
^ he bought the car then then decided it was going to slide. Plus, it was a decent deal on the car too.

Actually i did buy the car for drifting.. I was looking at 240's and found the supra.. I would of preferably had the hardtop but the targa is nice to have because i took out my ac and I live in arizona.. so ill need as much air flowing in the car as possible haha..

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
TooGoode;1413664 said:
^ he bought the car then then decided it was going to slide. Plus, it was a decent deal on the car too.

Why don't you let me answer my own thread questions justin..

And it turned out not be that great of a deal.. $2500.00 for a supra that burned more oil than gas.. had dry rotted tires... had rusted solid tie rods.. and the only upgrades were the fake hks exhaust, the 20 dollar egay strut bar, a manual boost controller that was locked in place, the oldest hks ssqv that ive ever seen, and duct tape all over the place.. (and a pink front end so the paint was shot)

Ive seen a lot better condition supra's for the same or less...

In other words justin didn't know what he was talking about and yeah i got pretty ripped on the buy of it but oh well... live and learn..

NokaoiMK3;1264704 said:
So i decided that i wanted my interior to be red and black themed so i started with the door panels..
p1414278_1.jpg

p1414278_2.jpg

p1414278_3.jpg

hey whats up nice build

where did u get ur door panels from? you ordered?

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Igknyte;1414278 said:
hey whats up nice build

where did u get ur door panels from? you ordered?

No haha all i did was paint them with that vinyl/fabric spray paint that you can pick up at almost any automotive store.. It works really good..

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
ATL88Supra;1414747 said:
so how is the drifting going with the heavy ass mk3 and 1jz ?

EDIT, Yes i am makeing fun of you.

Wow you win the douche of this thread award!! Good job!!

EDIT, Yes i am making fun of you.

Good job showing your ignorance, as there are cars heavier than the supra that are drifting in formula d and d1gp professionally.. And are you trying to say there is something wrong with the 1jz? Yeah its a crappy motor thats why its one of the most common swaps into a mk3..

If you actually read my build thread you would know that I am also doing extensive lightening to my chassis to have it below 3k lbs.. But you obviously didn't, and I wouldn't be suprised if someone with your intellegent remarks and great spelling can't even read..

So next time you want to sound like an asshole.. Do it saying something that you actually know WTF your talking about because other wise you just end up sounding like a dumb ass like you just did..

EDIT, the forums are not for guys with low self-esteem problems to talk shit to other guys on the forum.. Its to learn and show what your doing to your supra to other supra owners..

So go take your low self-esteem, ego trippin ass and go talk to some shit to someone else, you big man!

Haha I love guys that talk shit over the internet.. It really takes balls!

racerpage

Supra Drifter
Jun 15, 2007
Baltimore,Md
NokaoiMK3;1375359 said:
Yeah Tim defiantly knows what he is talking about.. But don't his coilovers start at like 3 grand.. I bet there awesome but i cant afford that right now.. so at first i leaning towards the megan track specs because of the stiff spring rates but then i was informed that their spring rates were so high to cover up their shitty dampners.. so then no im leaning towards either the bc coilovers or stance coilovers.. or get the dg-5's for the mk4 since they don't make them for the mk3 and then have the machine shop custom fit them to my mk3.. I know that the dg-5's are good drifting coilovers.. Ill defiantly get the rack spacers since they are a cheap mod for more steering angle.. and instead of the welded diff im probably gunna go with a kaaz or os giken 2 way.. But tim is totally right a drift car build isn't shit without lots of suspension mods... Its just my old motor was crap and i need the car to actually be able move before it handles great.. If i had a ton of money i would do both at the same time but im not that fortunate..
I can understand that. I had megans, but have silkroads, worth the extra 400 bucks.
1jz + good suspension =
3932872285_717f8e964d.jpg

Driftmk3

May 23, 2009
Chicago IL
Let me start out by saying nice build. I would also like to say that you should go easy on that guy, its not his fault he is a dumbass. :biglaugh:

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
racerpage;1414806 said:
I can understand that. I had megans, but have silkroads, worth the extra 400 bucks.
1jz + good suspension =
3932872285_717f8e964d.jpg

Yeah my friend has the ksports and he likes them for drifting so i was thinking about going with the new ksport kontrol pro.. they say that there built for the abuse of drifting so we will see.. By the way love your supra..