Project Great White

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
love it, in my opinion its probly the best kit you can buy for the money.
I really like the fact that you can get black couplers instead of the usual red or blue. the tbolts are high quality too.
The only thing i had to do was relocate the oil cooler but i think thats standard for any aftermarket intercooler.
I bought mine from zankoku performance, there listed under misc. vendors.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

carter;1698700 said:
If i would have known, i would have been able to hook you up on some sawblades. I had a set with damn near new tires and they were sprayed gun metal.

I just decided to run blades, I saw a set polished on somebodys build thread, and i love it.
eventually id like to get some tt rims but i need some thing for the near future.
thanks though, guess thats what i get for changing my mind so much.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
The car has been a long time in the making! Nice to see you keep at it. And, the head, what did you torque it to? Also, that car that you like, it's my buddies sons car and looks totally different now. So, you can have this look and be your own. ;)

BTW, you stole my name!!! I had that from years ago in 06. :icon_razz

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Did you get everything worked out Jessie? Hopefully the head is torqued down properly and that one bolt didn't mess you up.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
torqued to 80 ft lbs in proper sequence and i used the moly assembly lube. I am 100% that my head is torqued properly.
Ive had this car for almost two years and yeah shes come a long way but theres still alot of road ahead.
Jay if at all possible my baby will finally make it to import face off. You had better be there lol.
Duane I promise i didnt rob your name.... well on purpose
V

p1699678_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I always go to the Import face off's in Montgomery. We usually have a pretty good caravan down. Last year we had about twenty cars.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Alright guys it's 11:45, Im tired as shit and I have to work early in the morning.
BUT............ I just started the Supra!!!!
I'll post some pics tomarrow as for now I'm goin to sleep.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
quick question, theres a small two pin connector that runs back twords the transmission on the drivers side.
I believe the wire colors are red and yellow? i dont remember it was kinda dark. I have no idea where the thing goes.
I would think neutral safety switch but i cant find the other end.
can any body chime in?

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
alright guys heres a small up date, I got the car running and started driving it to find all the bugs before import face off.
under boost the battery light would flicker as well as the brake light and tail light warning light. the voltage was very inconsistant it would range from 10.8v to 14.1V
I went throught 3 alternators and two batterys with no luck.
checked every ground on the car still nothing.
eventually i really sat down and thought about it, the lights usually came on as under acceleration. so i pulled the plug off the alternator and closed the gap on the connectors, hooked everything back up and boom 13.8v to 14.1 all the time.

My front bumper had fell victom to the front of my trailor during the move so I decided that was next.

p1712780_1.jpg

bumper sanded and primed
p1712780_2.jpg

and a fresh coat of white
p1712780_3.jpg

while the bumper was off I mounted the sprayer and solenoid for my cryo2 kit
p1712780_4.jpg

really my only big issue now is im having trouble keeping out of boost cut,
Im running a Greddy ebc with the low boost setting all the way to min.
first second and third gear boost spikes around 13, 14psi and everytime i hit boost cut.
I dont really care about running that much boost right now. I would be happy with 10-12 psi. all day.
Can I upgrade the actuator on the wastegate or does this just come as a result of all my upgrades?
the car is still running a base tune with a little extra fuel at mid and wot.

Maybe some one can help with with this little problem too my safcII reads 0% throttle at idle and as soon as your foot hits the pedal, it shoots strait to 98-100%.
can this be an issue? ive looked in the manual but i dont know what it could be.

maybe its a good thing I bought this?
p1712780_5.jpg

I plan on running the ignition harness and buying the tuning software.

Im also waiting on my Greddy electronic boost gague, and Greddy wideband.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
traded my old rims and 150 bucks for these
factory bbs 18's off the newer Camry's

p1715839_1.jpg

p1715839_2.jpg

p1715839_3.jpg

they have some paint chipping in places so they will need to be powder coated or painted havent decided on a color yet ill just have to stare at the car for a couple day something will come to me.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
You definatly should, just let me know and I'll fire up the grille.
I told my wife It was a fathers day present to myself lol
what I didn't tell her was I also bought an innovate wideband.

Wheel update coming soon.....

Justin727

T-virus infected
jessemkiiis;1724541 said:
You definatly should, just let me know and I'll fire up the grille.
I told my wife It was a fathers day present to myself lol
what I didn't tell her was I also bought an innovate wideband.

Wheel update coming soon.....

LOL!! If you would have caught me earlier I would have made you a package deal on my wideband with the sunshade

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
SupraDreamPDR;1724546 said:
Wheels look good. I'm looking forward to seeing them mounted on your Supra. Keep up the good work.

Ther rears are now finished, got my tires mounted today.
Should have pics this evening.
Tommarow I'll be pulling the fronts and start sanding lol.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Justin727;1724568 said:
LOL!! If you would have caught me earlier I would have made you a package deal on my wideband with the sunshade

I saw you had one for sale but snooze ya loose.
And I did lol
guess a new one will have to do sigh...

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Small update, the fed-ex man was good to me this week

brand new Kevin M. Sunshade
p1726957_1.jpg

innovate lc-1 with gauge and software
p1726957_2.jpg

but wheres the sensor gonna mount you ask?
how about here?
p1726957_3.jpg

Front wheels are mounted on the car and look great but the rears are off and almost ready for paint.
poor supra is sittin on 15" lexus es300 wheels so no pics lol
while the rears were off I went ahead and put the intrax lowering springs on the rear.
no more raked look.

once i finish the wheels ill have a little photo shoot to show off just how much shes changed.