Project Clean 89

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
My batt tray had little rust same in trunk.. Just grinder Lil sandpaper and rustoliem *sp*

10 gal... Tic tacs and hose LOL. Get gas low then pull plug

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Garden hose and tic tacs like I said. Stick hose in gas fill till you deep in there and hitting gas. Have gas can ready. Blow in the get it primed then suck till gas comes. Clear hose is ftw, and being quick helps to, reduces on having to brush teeth after. Don't get fumes.. That hurts...

Once drained well enough pull plug to get rest and pop tic tac... For added effect find you gf.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
LOL, kissing your gf part is optional afterwards. I'd do. Best of luck tho. Hell you could use the gas for a lawn mower or something.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Makes a good fire starter tho...

LOL I can see the thread. My girl slapped me and runners fault. Ima kick his ass.

Ahh idk. I'm bored

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
It might... Haven't had a car yet stop me. Another idea would be 12v the pump and gas can the banjo bolt at the other end of the fuel line.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Mk3runner;1311076 said:
Garden hose and tic tacs like I said. Stick hose in gas fill till you deep in there and hitting gas. Have gas can ready. Blow in the get it primed then suck till gas comes. Clear hose is ftw, and being quick helps to, reduces on having to brush teeth after. Don't get fumes.. That hurts...

Once drained well enough pull plug to get rest and pop tic tac... For added effect find you gf.

Getting a friend to do it for you is also another great option :biglaugh:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well it turns out our Supra's do have an anti-siphon ball in them (atleast this 89 does, either that or I was hitting something and didn't know it). I went with plan B and pulled out the gas level sensor that is removable from the hatch area and siponed the gas out that way (as much as I could). Once that was all done I pulled the drain plug at the bottom of the tank to remove what was left of the gas. I also removed what was left of the exhaust system, as well as unhooking the wires that were preventing the intake manifold from being removed.

Last edited:

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
$90 for real? someone need a bag or something...its in great shape. i paid $450 for mine and thought i was steeling it from the lady... with little work needed and a paint job.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yes $90 for real. I bought the Supra from a mechanic shop that just wanted it gone and needed it gone within 2 weeks. Slowly I'm making progress. Got a bunch of rust removal and repair to do, starting with the battery tray. Sure I have to get a new motor, sure I have to probably replace a tire, sure I have to get a new exhaust system, sure I have to flush all the fluids, etc..., but this Supra is worth it.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got all kinds of stuff pulled off the Supra today. Pulled the radiator, fan shroud, water pump (I think), starter, some vacuum box thing, the air intake box, a couple belts, the drivers side fog light (what was left of it), and did some cleaning. Also picked up some degreaser. Will be ordering a full exhaust system shortly. A large pile of stuff will be bought tomorrow.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well today was fun. Started off by having to buy a new tire since the flat tire for Cat's Supra had screw in the corner of the tire. Then bought a large pile of fluids, a floor jack, a drip pan, battery, and wiper blades from Wal-Mart. Went to CarQuest from there which is where it got interesting. Somebody tried to use my card that's attached to my checking account and spend $500 at Sports Authority. Luckily they denied that transaction instantly and locked my account. Since that card wasn't working I tried my Discover card that I just got and used at Wal-Mart and by some fluke they locked my account. I got both accounts unlocked and new cards ordered for my checking account. Then I had to drive 40 minutes to my bank and damn near ran out of gas getting there. Pulled out all the cash I need for the month and here I sit. Tomorrow I'm going up to see Randy at BIC to get an exhaust system he has laying around. Gotta wait til next week to get the rest of my Redline MT90 since CarQuest only had 1 quart in stock.