Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

Marotta1

Supreme Lurker
Hi tekedus,

If you're interested, I just did a quick photochop of something that might help with the look of the kaminari rear; at least with those slits. I don't know exactly what I'd do with the lip, but a little wider lip might well look better. Sorry I can't post up the pics, but pm me if you're interested. I can e-mail them to you so you can post them up.

I would probably go with Bomex rears on a widened stock rear bumper. You're doing something very similar to the body kit I've been planning for a long time.

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Wow,
this is going to be one hell of a supra and wide body to boot. I looove those rims...that's some serious dish, and those doors...
Your in Vancouver huh, I've got to make a some meets out there this summer to try and get a look at this car. If Randy is doing the work I'm sure it will be as top notch as his. (One of my favorite MKIII's)

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
OK I have some update pics here, I will post the folder on my webpage with all the pics and I will just post up a few pics on the thread directly.

I have finnished widening and welding up the front fenders, they are about 1.5" wider than stock and the inner lipp of the fender has been rolled flat for an extra 1/2" of tire clearance. I have also trimmed about 1-2" off of the top of the rear fender openings to allow clearance of the tires. The outer fenders have been folded over and welded to the now trimmed inner fender. I hope to have the rear fiberglass fenders bonded to the quarter panels sometime this week, then the blending will begin.

The Bomex front bumper has had the IC/ turbo A style duct filled, and the small side vents are next to be filled. The rear Kaminari bumber need to be modified so the ends sit about 3" farther out to meet up with the widened rear fenders.

We also have some other trick stuff/ parts that has NEVER been done or installed on a mk3 before, I am forbidden to divulge any info but it looks amazing!!!

link to all pics:http://www.bicperformance.com/pics/Project widebody/

widebody%20parts1(Medium).JPG

widebody%20parts2%20(Medium).JPG

front%20fender1%20(Medium).JPG

front%20fender2(Medium).JPG

front%20fender%20gap%20(Medium).JPG

front%20fender3(Medium).JPG

front%20side%20(Medium).JPG

rear%20fender%20cut%20(Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
You have good taste my friend. And know how to extent the fenders properly. I cant wait to see it done. The overhead shot of the car and parts is sex. I love that pic. Think you'll have it done for suprafest '07

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
how remote are the chances of this car making it to pacnw nationals this august?

saw it in person before, am DIEING to see the end result. props on your work randy!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The car will probably be ready in April, depending on how busy the painters are but my end of it should be ready then, I am not sure what else Brad will want to do with the interior and stereo stuffs. I am pretty sure it will make it to the summers Supra events along with track days at Mission Raceway.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
that is insane. on the pics showing the fender gap, am i forgetting something or will the tire rub like crazy if the springs are compressed?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Clip said:
that is insane. on the pics showing the fender gap, am i forgetting something or will the tire rub like crazy if the springs are compressed?

That pic is with the suspension compressed, the ride height wont be that low and the car is on Tien coilovers, so there isnt much wheel travel.

cbsupra

Jan 19, 2007
---
tekdeus said:
Sideskirts finally arrived from Germany. Today we did a rough mock-up with the body parts and the tires mounted. Every body part is made by a different manufacturer, so there will be a fair bit of mods and molding to be done still, but it will all flow together very well!
Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

The front fender flare has been stretched and rolled, but Randy and I have agreed that the entire fender body will have to be cut at the long straight stock crease above the flare, and pulled out to match the shape of the rear fenders.
Untitled-9.jpg
wow man that wide body looks great, i cant wait to see the final proyect
check this link theres a wide supra wide body

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31221&page=7

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
becauseican said:
That pic is with the suspension compressed, the ride height wont be that low and the car is on Tien coilovers, so there isnt much wheel travel.

gotcha :bigthumb: thanks for clarifying.