Project Boosted Sc300

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Wassup guys, some of you may have followed my other, older build thread with my 87 targa 7m build. Well i moved on to a new project and pick up a 95 lexus sc300 na-t.

The car is a fucking project. Things where done half-assed and cheap. Car has alot of issues but thats part of the reason why i got it so cheap. All in all i paid 2500 for it.

Mods on the car.

Some kind of body kit. Looks decent tho.
19+ staggered rims. I can still rock them for rite now.
Ls400 4piston brake calipers for the front.
Crossdrilled rotors all around.
Some kind of lowering springs, idk yet
Magnaflow exhaust, I dont kno wat size piping yet tho.
safc-2
aem wideband
autometer boost controller
mishimoto aluminum radiator with dual electric fans not even wired up.
Xs power na-t turbo kit
Some Bullseye ballbearing turbo thats smoking.
jdm 440cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
aeromotive fpr and lines
tranny color with electric fans in front of it.

I can see some limation with the 2jzge intake manifold, Cant fit a big turbo on that side lol. Right now the backhousing is really close to touching the tbolt clamp on the coupler for the throttlebody and the red coupler itself is turning black from the heat.

to go front facing is about 1000 so for that amount i might as well buy a 1jz and swap it in.

The plan for now is to buy a 1jzgte motor and just swap it in, run wit with the stock twins, and sell the na-t setupd i have, sell the head, and build up the block and when its warmer, swap in the built 2jz block for a 1.5jz.

I know the 1jz head doesnt flow as good as the 2jzge, but I'm willing to sacrafice that for a front facing intake manifold and a map sensor setup so if i have boostleak i wont be stranded.

I was going to go 2jzgte but for the motor alone its 1700-1900 and for 1900 i can get a whole 1jz soarer motor set and 5spd r154jz tranny.

Let me know what you guys think. I couldve posted this on club lexus and supraforums but honestly i like the vibe of supramania way better. Its more helpful, more informatve, and more friendly.

well here are the pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
also plan on doing a 5spd swap as well, Auto's dont really excite me.
Body wise, i kinda like the kit, going to just do the 97+ front bumper conversion or the autocoture 97+ front bumper,
Interior wise just to clean it up, and possibily turn it to black.
I may repaint the car black later on down the rd, The white car is growing on me however.
Rims will be changed to a nice deep dish setup.

For right now im going to just redo the vaccum, and just try to get the car running driveable on the rd at least. Maybe even rock it as is for a month until the na-t setup sells then use that to begin funding the 1jz swap.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
sold the motor and turbo setupd for a grand, going to be swaping in a soarer automatic 1j to cruise in for right now. Baic bpu mods like 3" ypipe, 3" exhaust, air intake, and front mount with 2.5 or 2.75 inch piping.. Im curious to see wat times in the 1/4 can this setup being auto and lauching off the converter can put up.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok I'll be pulling the motor out today.

Alot of people are asking me how come im ditching the 2jzgena-t for a stock 1jz. Why am i going down in power rather than fix the issues with this motor.

Well my reasons are as follows.

This car was built cheaply so i dont know what the maintenance was like.

The small 60 or 62mm turbo thats on the car is already deam near touching the distributor and the intake manifold cross over pipe. So to go any bigger i would have to switch to a a custom front facing intake manifold that goes for about 1000, same as the cost of a 1jzgte motor and transmission.

The 1jzgte comes with a front facing intake manifold and is already map based, where as the 2jzge is just like the 7m. Get a boost leak and i will not be able to drive the car, just like the 7m, unless i get a vpc or piggy back or standalone and switch it to speed density. ( more money)

Ill be starting from a fresh clean slate instead of trying to work and fix somebody else mess ups.

The plan is this, swap in a 1jzgte, for now, do some bpu, go single and build up a 3.0 ge block on the side in the meantime to swap back in. Just going to do a stock rebuild but use gte pistons or maybe just aftermarket forged lower compression pistons and thats it.

Power goals with this car is about 450rwhp on the street low boost, 550+ with some race gas.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Good plan :bigthumb:

The work looks a little hacky, but I'm glad it's not yours. Looks to be a nice base to start with

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
hacky isnt the word. Used exhaust pipin for intercooler piping, The oil drain line from the turboto the block was a piece of regular rubber hose that was touching the xs power t4 manifold and is slowly burning a hole in it. Just a ticking time bomb be4 that hose would've had a whole in it and then bye bye motor.

Well here are some more pics motor is out.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ls 400 4piston calipers for the front
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I almost thought about just buying a stock 2jzge and just swap it in for now and rebuild, redo this setup.

But then i realize just with the intake manifold, either would have to get a one off custom t4 manifold to mount the turbo lower or go to a front facing intake manifold.

The turbo that I'm looking to go with is a master power t76 with a .69 backhousing at first. Then maybe switch to a .96 just to see the power difference and spool time between the two backhousings.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
As you guys i have a 7mgte ( 4sale by the way) in the garage and my boy is buying the 2jzge na-t setup and motor for cheap.
Once i get my Garage space back, I'll be able to order and begin working on the 1jzgte swap.

A part of me feels different about going about with the Lexus tho. With the Supra i could care less about looks and just be about speed speed speed. But with the Lexus i want everything to be nice neat and clean. So the engine bay will be cleaned, and re-painted. Even the 1jz motor will be cleaned and certain parts of the intake mani will be repainted the silver, the block repainted black. and etc etc.

I have potential buyer for both of the motors next week so once they leave ill be able to do more work,

Right now nyc is in the middle of a blizzard so cant do much right now.

car will be ready for the first even at englishtown march 6th. Im shooting for that