Probs with Vacuum Lines

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Alright guys, it seems that almost everytime I drive the car hard, I blow off 1-2 vacuum lines under boost. Almost everytime its the small tubes located on the intake manifold, the ones in the front right by the alternator and sometimes the ones UNDER the intake as well. Sorry I dont have pics, Im at work, I'll try to get some later on. Most of the time its when I spray the car, but sometimes it happens with boost only. So what is causing this?? It didnt really happen to much before, only 1-2 times in a couple years, but now it happens pretty much everytime I drive the car. Is there anyway I can keep em on there, Ive already got the smallest hose I can find on the pipes. Can I just cap off these lines? What do they do?? Any help will be appreicated guys, because this shit is getting annoying. Thanks in advance.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Those vac lines under the manifold control the hot start fuel pressure up VSV, EGR VSV, power steering idle up, and the BOV. You need all of them.

vacuum_2h.gif

The constant force clamps shown in the above diagram should solve the pop-off problem. If you are using cheap silicone hose, replace it with rubber.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
jdub;1314782 said:
Those vac lines under the manifold control the hot start fuel pressure up VSV, EGR VSV, power steering idle up, and the BOV. You need all of them.

The constant force clamps shown in the above diagram should solve the pop-off problem. If you are using cheap silicone hose, replace it with rubber.

Yea I figured Id need all of them, sucks.

I already have rubber hoses on there. I guess I can try those clamps, see if that works.

Its just weird to me that its happening now all of a sudden, I dont know what changed?? :1zhelp:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The wire spring clamps will work too. Correct line/clamp sizing is the key.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
The hose is prolly loosing its elasticity over time, or have your recently increased your boost pressure?

You could try spraying some brake clean on the inside to make it dry and clean, and same on the nipple so its also dry and clean, then use some tie wraps/clamps.

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
dumbo;1314831 said:
The hose is prolly loosing its elasticity over time, or have your recently increased your boost pressure?

You could try spraying some brake clean on the inside to make it dry and clean, and same on the nipple so its also dry and clean, then use some tie wraps/clamps.

Thanks Ill try that.

I havent increased the boost, but I did swap over to a built auto so the boost stays constant the entire time. And on the spray I know it probably increases the pressure inside the manifold.