problemed spark plugs

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
i just got an 89 supra turbo that sat for a long time..probably 5 years...so today i was taking out the spark plugs to change them and the rear 3 cylinders were covered in oil....i soaked as much of it up as i could before pulling out the old plugs im sure some got in the cylinder onto the piston...as i looked into were i thought the oil came from i noticed the cam covers were pretty lose..mostly in the rear..so im thinking the oil seaped outa there...now should i be worried that some oil got into the cylinder or just assume it will burn out with time but expect to change plugs again soon cuz they will shortly be bad from the oil inside the clylinder?? that is only problem #1

Problem #2..i cant find any were what i should gap my new plugs at..it says check the emmisions control label in the engine bay but that is to worn out to read...help please...i went with the NGK eraniaum plugs..or something like that...

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
The oil will burn off after you drive it. Get some new valve cover gaskets and replace the screws while your at it. Gap the plugs to .32.

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
thanks for the gaping size...so do u think that the lose cam covers could be the problem..i mean it makes sence right?