problem with tail lights

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
ok all the other lights work. the tail lights work when you hit the brake. reverse lights and tag lights work. the tail lights dont come on when you turn the head lights on. other then that havnt really messed with them.

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
dirtlord420;1295761 said:
ok all the other lights work. the tail lights work when you hit the brake. reverse lights and tag lights work. the tail lights dont come on when you turn the head lights on. other then that havnt really messed with them.

Check for blown fuses, and in the trunk, just below the left rear bulb housing is a box. In some cases there is a connection that blows inside this box and causes some of the rear lights to not function. Unplug the box and open it up, you'll know it when you see it if it's burnt out. But this sounds more like a fuse to me.

Stonedaily

Dec 11, 2007
Long Beach, CA
you might have to change the bulbs. open the light housing in the trunk. there is one clip. just pull on it jently, because most of the light housings on Supra's are busted/cracked or soon to be. look at the bulb that has 2 filaments, one is for light ON when you turn the headlights ON, and the other id for when you Brake. check if the first filament is cut.

that might be the problem. if that that doesnt work, then start digging the fuses.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
I just did the LFB bypass mod two weeks ago and now all my lights work not to mention the stupid light indicator in the dash is gone for good.