Problem w/ GReddy temp gauge....

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Anyone else have a problem w/ thier GReddy warning/peak hold gauges? I recently did an interior swap, dash and all, and now my temp gauge doesn't seem to be calibrated. For instance, when the gauge powers up, the needle is supposed to sit @ "0" until the water warms up, and then starts to rise gradually until the t-stat opens, then it moves to operating temp. Since I put everything back together, the gauge starts @ 34*c (93*f?) instead of "0". WTF?!? When the engine reaches regular operating temps, it's exactly off by the same amount, so the water temp appears as if it's too high. It has sat overnight and there is no way the water in the line is that hot! If I unplug the sender from the harness that goes to the control box, it falls back to "0". The moment it gets power, back to 34*c. I tried killing the power to it to mabey reset it, checked al the wires for breaks, checkd all connections, everything checks out. The gauge nor the control box were dropped or anything during the swap. Anyone else run into this? Suggestions on a direction to go w/ it? I'm thinking mabey a bad sending unit?!?

Thanks

B.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
(949) 588-8300

Call GReddy them and see if they can help you out. It might be possible to reset something within the gauge or in the sender.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
My suggestion 1st is bad ground, also. My boost gauge's ground fell off almost all the way and had a similar problem.

I have a problem with my oil pressure gauge too, and it too zeros when you unplug the sensor but as soon as I plug it back in, it goes up to something like .2. So unfortunately if its not the ground then it sounds like its the sender.