Probe pistons rings question

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Hi, i recently boosted my MP70 to 26psi and seems the rings in piston number 5 didn`t like it much, i have to take it apart but i am pretty sure its just the rings cause the pistons are strong enougth to take it, when i bought the pistons i remember the rings were NPR and the box said Ford 83.5mm , my question is does anyone know what ford model and year they were from? so i can go directly to buy them. I searched for this and couldn`t find anything, maybe this thread will be helful to others, if anyone ever replaced his probe pistons rings please help us all, Thanks

Last edited:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i was going to go through aaron @ driftmotion, or through probe them selves.. just never got to ordering them.

and do you know what you filed the gap too on the rings? maybe number 5 you didnt open enough?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Rennat;1215041 said:
i was going to go through aaron @ driftmotion, or through probe them selves.. just never got to ordering them.

and do you know what you filed the gap too on the rings? maybe number 5 you didnt open enough?
i am not sure really but i guess it was 0.17 and 0.22, something like it. You never got to buy the new set of rings? i saw your post asking aaron what rings they were from and he offers some Malhe rings, but i live in el salvador and i want to have the car running back next week. NPR pistons lasted long enough i think, i have a very very heavy foot and since i put my car together like a year and a half ago i never boosted less than 17psi from my 60-1